Curious about framerate stuttering and the like.

Rubber-banding and those types of things.. Wondering if they'll be smoothed out? I'm someone that can't deal with that, and I pass up incredible looking games because of it. Now I haven't actually played the game yet.. I'll be making a donation for the beta to try it out but I'd like to hear from you guys. Is that kind of thing happening within the game, and if so do the developers feel the need to fix it? I'm talking about problems not related to the hardware you're using, obviously.

I wish I didn't pay much attention to these things.. The number 1 priority for me is "does the game run well?" and then gameplay, etc.. That's just me unfortunately... However path of exile is absolutely a game I want to play and I'm loving the sound of hardcore / cutthroat / ironman leagues. Hell if it's obvious to me that this will be my new Diablo 2, I could very well make a diamond donation =/ .. I want to support you guys because you're making my kind of game. I just hope this issue I have, is not an issue!

Anyway I found a couple of old threads without any real conclusion and no developer posts on the subject.
Last edited by F0F0 on Dec 11, 2012, 6:32:08 AM
I am sure that if this is problems, developers will fix it. If they don't by release, and they know this themselves, the game will fail. Also this is only the beta currently so there is still a lot of time to fix this.
Rubberbanding hasn't been too big of an issue for me personally. I typically have fairly low ping. There have been issues with desync throughout the closed beta and especially noticeable with skills like whirling blades. But have no fear the Devs have already stated they have plans to alleviate it for OB. As for framerate stuttering the only thing I can think of that ever made my FPS drop was when you switched zones and summoned something for the first time in that zone. After that it is golden and I have actually noticed it less in the past few months.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

I know you mentioned framerate stuttering but spoke about rubberbanding so I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same issue I was having. Basically what happens to me is that if I have vsync turned on (to mitigate screen tearing), my framerate will jump between 59.9 and 60 fps repetitively causing the screen to "stutter" when controlling the character. It's more of an annoyance than anything really. I wanted to let you know that upon finding this thread, I found a resolution to the issue I was experiencing and wanted to share.

MSI Afterburner is installed on my system. Using MSI Afterburner, go into the On-Screen Display server. Add Client.exe to the list of application profile properties (the program's executable). Click the settings button (the wrench in the upper right hand corner) and set a Framerate limit to match the refresh rate of your monitor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info