Why is Dominus' Touch of God Merc hitting me for so much? Way more than others are reporting.

a huge portion of the attack is physical, the abyssus is murdering u

i have a heavy armored character 46k armor/ 77 light res - get hit for ~1500-2000. If I add granite 81k /77 res get hit for 500-1000.
Last edited by drakar8888 on Nov 8, 2013, 3:30:36 PM
"
dust7 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
They are one shotting me with 3700-4000 life depending on gear.

Even without abyssus?

I can not currently test this. If I am posting on forum, it means I am at work. Otherwise I would be playing.

"
drakar8888 wrote:
a huge portion of the attack is physical, the abyssus is murdering u

i have a heavy armored character 46k armor/ 77 light res - get hit for ~1500-2000. If I add granite 81k /77 res get hit for 500-1000.

Thank you!

This explains (I think) why you can sometimes block it with a normal shield, but I have never blocked it with Saffels.

New question: If I use immortal call, will I be immune to PART of the attack, or is immortal call all or nothing? Do I have to start immortal call before he starts the animation/telegraph?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Nov 8, 2013, 4:02:44 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
New question: If I use immortal call, will I be immune to PART of the attack, or is immortal call all or nothing?
You'll be immune to physical damage. You'll take the non-physical part
"
reboticon wrote:
Do I have to start immortal call before he starts the animation/telegraph?
From memory, I believe you'll need the immortal call on at the point of damage calculation, which may or may not be at the start of the animation in the case of that skill. I didn't make that one, so not sure.
Thanks Mark!
It's surely at least 50% phy and it's definitely an attack so normal block works, while Saffell will not.

With 75% light res and 12k armor i'm hit for about 3 3.5k dmg in merci
Christ, its 50/50 physical ... so much for facing him with abyssus fb build on nemesis.

Do you know this thing hits for like 8k (on 9k health pool) sometimes with no map mods? Palace dominus, with random armor rating and 77 res. I suppose its a crit, a normal one hits for 4-6k ish, seems very random but always in that range.

If one gets extra cold/light/fire and -max res, or extra dmg / vuln / boss dmg, wtf?! Even with 20k hp, do the math ... you cant get out alive.

I NEVER spoke up against the spike dmg in this game where others have, because I felt it was easily mitigated even on a 4k hp pool, but this attack is beyond fucking stupid. (It an attack, saffell never block and shields do)
I've actually experimented with it more since I made this thread, and SOMEHOW I've managed to block it both with a regular shield AND with Saffells, which makes no sense, but it has happened enough times that I have to rule out that I am desynching and actually avoiding it. I don't get this attack.
Could it be that you evaded the attack when you were using saffels?
IGN: Nanaya_Kiri
"
Nanaya_Kiri wrote:

yeah, if it was a real one off with saffells, you evaded. even with IR, you still got 5%
"
Nanaya_Kiri wrote:

Maybe that's what it is. I'm using BoR so he's generally blind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info