Cant update

Hello everybody, i downloaded the .msi file, but when i open the game i wait and wait and it tells Checking Resources, idk what to do, can anybody help?
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 6:23:36 PM
When you try next when it hangs at the resource box move the box to the side and you might find a box underneath telling you it can't over write the .exe or .tmp files and tells you to restart the machine. I have to do this with every update now for some reason. I still can't remember why I moved the box.
Make sure you always launch Path of Exile as Administrator. It cannot properly patch or overwrite/rename files unless it has access to those files.

So always launch Path of Exile by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator" unless you want to move the folder to somewhere that ISN'T a protected folder.
OK I am getting frustrated now, I am getting this same problem I have allowed user account to minimum level, (no authorisation required) rebooted numerous times IT STILL FAILS...

It was fine last night less than 20 hours ago, this 9mb patch is just not working for me at all....Have I got to delete the whole game install folder and download it all again JUST to get it to run this patch?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/GSXR_Alstare/patchfail_zps3a794510.jpg

Last edited by GSXR on Dec 3, 2013, 5:48:27 PM
It doesn't matter what access you give to users. Program Files is a "protected" directory.

You are better off re-locating the folder to something like C:\Games\ and updating your shortcuts.
Funnily enough it was in C:\ Games........ lol....

I deleted the whole lot then downloaded the client downloaded 4.65gigs again. Let it install to the location it already listed, It ran fine, played the game for an hour then had to go to bed....

TILL today when I got home I tried to run it there's another 8.73mb update...Now it refuses to patch the .exe AGAIN......

Why is this causing the problem? What's it not able to recognise? Why can't it patch the original exe.?

Nothing has been altered or changed.

I moved the whole GGG folder to C:\ then C:\Games\ ..... IT DOES NOT HELP......

There is a problem and it is not of my making.

I can't be the only person having this problem.....

Tried a few things still cant suss it out - will trawl through the help files when I get the time.

Last edited by GSXR on Dec 6, 2013, 8:55:17 PM
Had to uninstall/delete all POE files folders registry entries etc.

Reinstalled and finally got to login and play for a while lol....
this is really frustrating now....Got to uninstall completely and reinstall AGAIN.....Third time now...

Todays login...failed again ... only works after I delete all and reinstall POE.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/GSXR_Alstare/Capture_zpscf297f98.jpg
Last edited by GSXR on Dec 15, 2013, 9:28:45 AM
Everytime now .... Got to do it again with the latest update, just got home thought I'd play a while before crashing and guess what? Its an update and the ERROR is there again, a complete uninstall complete download and then it will run fine...

A damn chore to be honest, I know the games free and its good BUT I am beginning to get frustrated having to download 5 gigs EVERY time theres an update....

"
GSXR wrote:
Everytime now .... Got to do it again with the latest update, just got home thought I'd play a while before crashing and guess what? Its an update and the ERROR is there again, a complete uninstall complete download and then it will run fine...

A damn chore to be honest, I know the games free and its good BUT I am beginning to get frustrated having to download 5 gigs EVERY time theres an update....

Then you need to figure out what's causing the issue because it certainly isn't the Game doing it.. it's something with your PC.

1) Install Path of Exile somewhere OTHER than Program Files. Make a new C:\Games folder for it or something. Make sure it's not a protected directory and your user has access to it completely.

2) Disable antivirus and firewall software before launching Path of Exile. It's VERY common for these to conflict and cause all sorts of issues. Especially because a lot of AV/Firewall software likes to complain when a file it has excluded has been changed/updated. It usually silently blocks the EXE until it has been re-verified.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info