Question for Facebreaker build

I know anything that says "elemental damage with weapons" doesn't work with unarmed any longer. But does the same hold true for nodes that give attack speed or physical damage with one-handed weapons? I'm assuming they don't work either, but want to make sure before fully planning my Facebreaker Duelist.
If you are unarmed, you are not using weapons. Bonuses for using weapons (of any sort, or weapons in general) will not apply. The one-handed/two-handed specific stuff never worked with unarmed because it wasn't in the list of one-handed weapons or of two-handed weapons, but generic some 'weapon' were being applied to all attacks. Before facebreaker, unarmed was such a low priority that making the modifiers consistent for it was always less important that pretty much everything else.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 10, 2012, 12:54:34 AM
Any passive skill that doesn't include "Weapon", a specific weapon type, one-handed, or two-handed will work with Facebreaker.
As in look for "Melee physical damage". Those will increase it.
Last edited by Lionguild on Dec 10, 2012, 1:03:27 AM
That's what I figured. Unfortunate, but okay. Thanks.
I'd suggest to not pick any melee physical damage node as the damage increase they give is extremely small.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
I'd suggest to not pick any melee physical damage node as the damage increase they give is extremely small.

Actually this is where math comes on.

Facebreaker gives 1000% MORE physical unarmed damage.

So even a 4% damage increase does this:

1.04*10.0 = 10.4

If you get 40% unarmed damage increase (easily possible).

1.4 * 10 = 14

You make 1000 more damage into 1500% damage, basically.

This is why the ezomyte helm with +20% physical damage is also amazingly powerful.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 11, 2012, 10:13:48 AM
this doesn't work that way anubite.

Stuff that only increase melee physical damage are not affected by the damage increase from the gloves and I don't think they even affect physical damage from sources outside of weapons. Reminder: strength count as melee physical damage increase.

Now, stuff that increase physical damage DOES work with the bonus on the gloves.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Shields do work, as I just equipped and unequipped my Broadstroke and watched my dps go from 230 down to 152...
--- Neroon "Love is a form of Insanity"

IGN Standard: Caernavon, Cassius__Clay, Lictor_Severian
IGN Anarchy: I_Think_Were_Alone_Now, CrystalBluePersuasion, Citizen_Gkar
Doh, not shields, I meant quivers of course.
--- Neroon "Love is a form of Insanity"

IGN Standard: Caernavon, Cassius__Clay, Lictor_Severian
IGN Anarchy: I_Think_Were_Alone_Now, CrystalBluePersuasion, Citizen_Gkar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info