Overpowered Shadow Build

There are bow users in 28 pvp? Hah!
Should have known it would turn into a trollfest. Funny how when you ask about it in global chat most people didnt believe the dodge rate with it, but here everyone has been using it since forever!
But then again, i couldnt be arsed to search for shadow specs on the forums, alltho im sure you guys already posted all about how the skilltree should look!

Either way its definetly a skill every shadow should invest the skillpoints in getting.

- A few other skills, or gems i find working very well as a shadow.

Whirling blades with added damage gem (Ive gone with added lightning damage)... Basicly the same as a WW barb from D3. Awesome for ripping up big groups.

And dual strike with increased critical damage for finishing off whatever's left.

Also using Wrath (added lightning damage aura), since ive gone up in extra lightning damage in the skilltree.

And Discipline and Grace as defensive aura's... Mainly using discipline but swapping to grace for certain bosses.

Since theres so many great players here, that i am sure has been playing longer than the few days i have. I would love some advice if im missing out something a shadow absolutely has to have. Even if its delivered with a side of trolling.
IGN: iProBro // QhueenB // TruntenDK // ShameLezz
Trading thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/83103
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
ShameLezz wrote:
I haven't had a try with it in PvP yet since the lvl 28 cap. But if its the same in there shadows should bring cookies for archers getting pwned.

won't be fun when u run into a resolute technique ranger

Not possible in lvl 28.
Well I guess maybe if you spend all your points to get there, but nobody would do that lol... they'd just roll mara to be closer :P

I guess you haven't saw many Bow Templars then. It's a scary sight to see. :)
you declared something OP while you have not even reached merciless, please
IGN : Hungryneko
"
hungryneko wrote:

That's the exact thing I was going to post! O .O
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
"
DarkWestern wrote:
"
hungryneko wrote:

Great input Dark! Happy to see youre able to do stuff by yourself!

You really deserve a slap, but youre probably too dumb to recognize pain.

I'll make sure to post a video once i reach merciless for you ladies. This skill is clearly useless untill its been tested there.
IGN: iProBro // QhueenB // TruntenDK // ShameLezz
Trading thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/83103
I love this passive. For melee shadows and rangers it is a much have for survival, especially in HC.
I am not a PvP player but maybe they could half its bonus when in PvP arena, it does seem too good against archer players.
But please don't touch it for PvE, pure evasion builds depend on this passive to survive.

Last edited by Torin on Dec 10, 2012, 5:29:29 AM
"
ShameLezz wrote:
"
DarkWestern wrote:
"
hungryneko wrote:

Great input Dark! Happy to see youre able to do stuff by yourself!

You really deserve a slap, but youre probably too dumb to recognize pain.

I'll make sure to post a video once i reach merciless for you ladies. This skill is clearly useless untill its been tested there.

You really have to resort to insults, just to get your point across? Good job.

Now for Arrow Dodging itself, sure it is good in low levels where it is so easy to stack high evasion, then doubling it to render projectile based attacks useless.

Things are different in merciless, things do way more damage, and it is harder to stack that high evasion (I think, I may be wrong on that.), so I will happily wait for this merciless video. :)
(Phermi)
I use arrow dodging in merciless, with about 13k evasion, which I think is a medium amount (char is level 63 and I haven't really specced heavily into evasion passives yet). My results are pretty similar to the video from the first post.

It's a very powerful passive but the opportunity cost is also pretty high since it's on the outskirts of the passive tree. Since there are relatively few enemies that use projectile attacks, I think it's pretty balanced and gives evasion builds something special.
Last edited by ptt_frmr on Dec 10, 2012, 1:36:45 PM
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
I use arrow dodging in merciless, with about 13k evasion, which I think is a medium amount (char is level 63 and I haven't really specced heavily into evasion passives yet). My results are pretty similar to the video from the first post.

It's a very powerful passive but the opportunity cost is also pretty high since it's on the outskirts of the passive tree. Since there are relatively few enemies that use projectile attacks, I think it's pretty balanced and gives evasion builds something special.

I think it's OK if you're going there anyways, but otherwise I'd rather just stack health.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info