Goddess Bound/Scorned/??? [Blood Magic,Spectral Throw, Cast on Crit]

Fire damage. Fire damage everywhere.

Passive Tree

Good placement for sword, fire, armor, crit, and HP clusters. 2 All-Resist notables.

Goddess is a 1H sword with a 2H restriction and damage to match...and it's all fire.

Limitations:
• As a 1h weapon that takes two slots, I only have 3 sockets between both hands.
• Melee Physical Damage nodes do not apply to Spectral Throw.
• Goddess Scorned (I THINK) does not apply lifeleech, since it is all fire.

Any advice?
"
Nytemare3701 wrote:

That node is LL from Phys dmg - useless to you. LL from a gem is any and all dmg from the linked attack.

You have tons of options from there, I couldnt list them all if i tried. Did you have any other ideas on what youd like the character to do? (in general terms)
All statements are intended to be read as my opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
All statements asserted as facts are subject to revision. :D
Last edited by AraneylArmegil on Nov 7, 2013, 3:46:14 AM
I don't think cast on crit will work with goddess scorned because "you can only deal damage with this weapon".... or something similar is stated there.
"
Masharab wrote:
I don't think cast on crit will work with goddess scorned because "you can only deal damage with this weapon".... or something similar is stated there.

Good point. Its possible that since the sword is causing the crit that causes the cast that deals dmg - it works. But w.o access to a sword to test or a dev... Id say it prb wont work. My guess is that it works similar to Ancestral Bond, and just sets all dmg to 0 at the point of impact unless its sourced from the sword.
All statements are intended to be read as my opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
All statements asserted as facts are subject to revision. :D
"
"
Nytemare3701 wrote:

That node is LL from Phys dmg - useless to you. LL from a gem is any and all dmg from the linked attack.

You have tons of options from there, I couldnt list them all if i tried. Did you have any other ideas on what youd like the character to do? (in general terms)

Noted and nixed. As you know, I have severe socket limitations (my chest is the only thing that can have a 6l, since Goddess is locked at 3). The idea was to throw dozens of flaming swords at people, never die, and be able to nuke rooms from the doorway with the bonus distance on Karui Ward. Goddess is a very niche weapon, since it combines two things that normally aren't found on a weapon (2h damage for spectral throws and crit for cast on crit).

As for the Cast On Crit, I'd even be ok with defensive skills being cast on crit. The idea is that the swarm of weapons keeps my health up, but spamming decoy totems via crit isn't terrible either.
Last edited by Nytemare3701 on Nov 8, 2013, 12:50:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info