Double Strike + RT Scion - Thoughts?

Hi, I'd appreciate any thoughts you guys have on my concept and build. Perhaps ideas on better efficiency on the build that maybe I missed? Is my actual concept flawed? Help me out please!

Basically, the concept is to use a Claw and a Shield on a Scion. I will be heavily life based. The main skill I plan on using is Double Strike with these support gems:

Double Strike > Melee Splash > Multistrike > Added Melee Damage > Life Leach/Added Fire

also I plan on using:

Frenzy > Cast on Melee Kill
Molten Shell > Enfeeble > Enduring Cry > Cast on Damage Taken
Flicker Strike > Faster Casting > Multistrike > Added Fire Damage
Clarity > Hatred > Anger > Reduced Mana
Warlord's Mark
Leap Strike/Lightning Warp

This is the passive tree build I plan on using:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXOuHyRf4Ktz47KAOWbj1gQ4MJb57KSkZx4YgdqsM6m7Ui6ujWzerrFAW1tMVAVW9XDI0NSbQMkycc3H_GJ6labSQ8p1xJURGWcLvZEy9v76Dtdmp-Ff3WB9xXHpSsP8auPC13464-Z5tdSSUnxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_TP-vbMWK8B-0-aIABLMUTTKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBV1I8ZLja68pwYXX5ZTucuRZoXPWWSgCftrKpyqXzZGYr7CfbaGo8=

How I plan to play it? I plan on using the mobility of either Leap Strike or Lightning Warp to maneuver. I'll rip apart packs with the insane AoE of Melee Splash+Double Strike. I'll put out high DPS on bosses with a combination of Flicker Strike and Double Strike. My defense will be huge by utilizing Cast on Damage Taken and immense Life Leech from the Claw + Warlord's Mark + Health Potion.

The main thing I'm concerned about is the fact that I'm doing a NON-CRIT Double Strike + Flicker Strike combo by using Resolute Technique. The reason I chose to go with Resolute technique is because in order to go high life AND reach the important Claw nodes, I decided to go Scion. This left me with only 160 Dexterity and no Accuracy nodes. You can't bank whether or no you'll land a hit based on the chance that you always have Accuracy gear available.

Opinions? Sorry for the mildly long post.
Melee Kill has to be linked to a gem youre using to get the kill - then casts a spell(spell not attack) on kill.
Multistrike flicker strike = death by massive mob pack if you arnt careful. just fyi, not saying not to, just be careful where you use it.

Couple of minor changed I would make (dont have to just suggestions). Take the AR nodes in marauder not the outside str. Take the enemy crit strike, your armor is lowish and no IR, no EVA. Life is good to very good, but when they hit you its going to feel like a truck. The LL will keep you up(prb) but you need some mitigation to help you live long enough to attack.

Keep in mind that while you might have huge LL+warlords, its capped at 20% of your max life per second unless you take Vaal Pact.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOW9MZuPUUKYEM11oMJMZ5GcW-eple0DOGIyko64ZMnHarDOvJFHNzcV5u1_gp_xh6UIuoZirc-J6l-WRGWrD9O5-jW-wnGrlpt76Bwuy5FzerrFPbaPC0kPO122ROaFwW1Go9M_3fjp1xqfi9vPWW0xa9srj5JURX9koBAVcWKZ5vWB29X8B8pLtSPDI20-QSzogB8uBkuDUkyiT38J-02unflV-JYY6yq8pzsOMbYUFByqRo4jM982aeE9kiQVV8_VEnnUu8O

Also - you do high to super insane(depends on gear) phys, and with auras highish ele dmg. Reflects will annihilate you w.o vaal pact IF you arnt careful.
All statements are intended to be read as my opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
All statements asserted as facts are subject to revision. :D
Last edited by AraneylArmegil on Nov 7, 2013, 2:20:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info