Path Of Exile Auction House?

Ill make this short:

So Diablo 3 is getting rid of their AH.
Path of exile was created without an AH in mind.

people often wonder about the long term playability that they Auction house adds/removes.

So I must ask:

if POE was built without an AH, but their is a website that scans the Official forum for specific items that you can use to search with..........

does that website make the game more enjoyable? or less enjoyable?

Your thoughts?
For the record I avoid any scanning searching bullshit websites like the fucking plague...

but Im curious to hear other opinions..

an ah acts as a middleman to facilitate trades. It makes the actual trades for you.

Any system that removes the need for players to have some level of communication is a bad thing, imo.

A system that matches sellers and buyers more efficiently but does not actually make the trades is good and fine by me.
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
http://dota2lounge.com/ makes everything I expect POE to have someday

it does a very well job for sellers and buyers to talk to each other

also I expect a betting system on cutt-throat hardcore PVP arenas

edit: maybe add a "items to sell" tab that makes all those items searchable so we dont have to use a tool outside the game
Last edited by tiberiuscg on Nov 6, 2013, 7:40:32 PM
"
Delmas wrote:

Any system that removes the need for players to have some level of communication is a bad thing, imo.

Oh I don't know, there is a certain value in it.

I wanted to buy a gem the other day as it sounded like a cool idea ('fork'); I asked in trade a few times and eventually got a response from someone offering one for 1 x orb of fusing.

Was this a good deal? A rip off? How much is an orb of fusing 'worth'? I looked in my stash and I only had 8 of them (accumulated from two chars getting to about level 30 - 40).

So was it a bargain? Who knows, I was too chicken to take it so I just levelled another character to the point where they got offered one as a quest reward instead. If there was an auction house it would at least give your average noob player (i.e.: people like me) a place where they can sanity check purchases.

This is especially relevant when I see threads from experienced players on the forums where they are complaining about unrealistic offers from other players for their items. With no way to gauge what an item is worth, where do we (the inexperienced / noob players) start?
You already have such a place without having to implement an AH into the game - you can ask the trade chat for a price check, or check the player-run trade sites.

The value of that gem isn't something concrete. The fusing might currently be useful to the person, and having to go level a new character might be a big enough inconvenience to you, and so on.
Why are a lot of people committed to the idea of social interaction with trading? I get the bargaining aspect, however the benefit of having more items immediately available via an auction house would far outweigh the social capability of bartering. Imagine a search engine with items with set buyout and bid prices with an end date. If an item is listed too high, competition will post the same or similar items for a cheaper price - similar to bartering.

I would love to be able to search for items I need via an in game engine. It would also provide a somewhat stable price range of most items - an invaluable tool for planning builds and setting goals. As it is now at level 45 and having used out of game sites for trading, I'm still unsure of the value of most items I come across and it will probably be this way for a while. That means my inventory is quickly becoming cluttered and I probably vendor items that I shouldn't. I don't have time to frequently peruse sites for items and I despise spamming trade chat for its inefficiency.

The system can be much better I think.
Last edited by fireincairo on Nov 6, 2013, 10:37:39 PM
"
tiberiuscg wrote:
http://dota2lounge.com/ makes everything I expect POE to have someday

it does a very well job for sellers and buyers to talk to each other

also I expect a betting system on cutt-throat hardcore PVP arenas

edit: maybe add a "items to sell" tab that makes all those items searchable so we dont have to use a tool outside the game

Correct me If I'm wrong but during Closed beta, GGG promised to give us 'Visible trade stash pages' That means you can buy special stash tabs that are visible to any poe players. You no longer have to peddle your goods on trade chat or mud the party board with your offers :D
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
dyl666 wrote:
"
Delmas wrote:

Oh I don't know, there is a certain value in it.

I wanted to buy a gem the other day as it sounded like a cool idea ('fork'); I asked in trade a few times and eventually got a response from someone offering one for 1 x orb of fusing.

Was this a good deal? A rip off? How much is an orb of fusing 'worth'? I looked in my stash and I only had 8 of them (accumulated from two chars getting to about level 30 - 40).

So was it a bargain? Who knows, I was too chicken to take it so I just levelled another character to the point where they got offered one as a quest reward instead. If there was an auction house it would at least give your average noob player (i.e.: people like me) a place where they can sanity check purchases.

This is especially relevant when I see threads from experienced players on the forums where they are complaining about unrealistic offers from other players for their items. With no way to gauge what an item is worth, where do we (the inexperienced / noob players) start?

I liken it to the wild west. you make your own way. anyone and everyone is out to feed themselves. at least thats the way you should view the landscape. people will take what you offer. so you must ask yourself; are you going to just hand it over?

I was all wishy washy about buying and selling items too. but I never bothered to lift a finger to figure it out. I was afraid and unsure blah blah blah....

then one day I just sat and watched the trade channel. and asked questions. then I noticed I could figure stuff out before I got my feet wet. the effort it took to do so only lends itself to the gameworld. am i a master of the economy and rolling in wealth? far from it. but i really have a feel about what my usual items and gems should cost....much more than 2 weeks ago. and it only took 15 minutes of work.
"
Delmas wrote:
an ah acts as a middleman to facilitate trades. It makes the actual trades for you.

A system that matches sellers and buyers more efficiently but does not actually make the trades is good and fine by me.

What communication?

Place your offer here or contact me ingame @ soandso

- Doesn't respond and won't even negotiate with any offers that are unacceptable
- Calls people lowballers because they have no idea what the seller actually wants
- Won't list any buyouts to tell people what they want

Just another day in the Standard Trading - Shops forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info