Load-testing the Closed Beta servers

If you're interested in the specifics, we have a headless load-testing bot that logs in, creates a character in the "GGG Private" league and then changes between areas, chatting in global chat occasionally. We'll expand these tools to mimic players more accurately by manipulating items and creating parties.

Although the game servers run on dedicated hardware, we're using Amazon EC2 instances for the load-testing bots so that we only have to pay for them while the tests are going. Today we did tests loading a few thousand of these onto the realm to make sure that they were working properly. Now that we know they are, we can launch some more intense tests next week.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The bots are coming and they are on our side.
Follow thePOEcast.com ---The POE cast is a Path of Exile podcast
Good stuff, feel free to crash the servers as often as you need in order to mitigate first day 'error37' issues.
"
Good stuff, feel free to crash the servers as often as you need in order to mitigate first day 'error37' issues.

lol'd
GGG - Why you no?
Brace yourselves...
The bots are coming
Is Sarah Connor here yet ... we may need her.
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
Im friending Exalted Bot_9000 so he can give us orbs :)
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
This made me crash and corrupted my content.ggpk file XD
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
I know now why you cry.... but it is something that I can never do.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Can we all get temporary unique wand's with +9001 bot damage just in case some of them make it into PvP or they start taking over general chat? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info