[Help] Dual Claw, CI Spectral Throw

This is the build i'm planning so far. I need some heelp cause this is my first time playing with dual claws and i have no experience with CI. I'm using duals claws and Spectral throw as my main atack move. What do you guys think abou this build? Have i wasted too many points with mana regeneration/int and ES?

Spoiler
Bad english, i know. Sorry
Anyone?
I'm really puzzled why you didn't pick up the Nullification Node.

Personally, I'd take that, for the 10% Eva, and 8% Resists instad of the Unnatural Calm Node. 2% Es, and 15% ES recovery isn't better than the 8% resists IMO, but I like the nodes that come bundled with resists innately.

After having played Spectral Throw, I'm also not a "huge" fan of Projectile Speed on the projectile (I've actually been playing around with the slower projectile gem). You don't have a lot of speed in there, but I would almost rather see you Go with something like this:

Edited Build

Which has, admittedly, slightly less DPS, but more ES, More Passive Resists, Some Mana Leech, and a point less allocated than what you had originally gone with, which could easily be tossed into one of the One Handed Phys Nodes in the Shadow area for more damage. I understand why you went into the ranger area. I did with my current ST build as well, but I found that I didn't like the Projectile moving faster. I actually specc'd out of it fairly quickly.

But, I will also say, that my information about St is based on 2h'd, as I'm slinging GIANT SPECTRAL MACES OF DOOM all over the screen.

EDIT:
For Comparison, Here is what I'm currently planning, I'm about 64 points in right now.
Final Build
Where I'm at currently
Last edited by shoju on Nov 6, 2013, 4:10:28 PM
ST is not affected by cast speed nor spell damage, so you might as well get rid of those nodes off the north of the Scion start node and take the 2 +10 ints above Harrier to get to the ES wheel. You can save 2 passive points this way.

I shifted some things around, mostly based on my own personal taste, but if I were running CI claw ST, it might look something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGfylzsokzqbXQOWvSeomm49GDxaUmBD-ehKyIMJRnFvnrQMyko0CsM6V8k3ZlYtm7UBbyymrH8i6lM1PI6m607n6NZtbIRIN4N_f83qtUjqupKABbUqWz1lDPK0xdbRpcvC7EBVKwrSGUcGb1fBANvnX2oMjdsaj_qaeA1JEHvsGK0e9UvBxcNt3Ui-Oiy_f8aGrqKjFdfB89eGbRlcilZjO-G71uL3EVCnK4t6Nj2Ia7b3ES-Zmutj

I feel like you had PLENTY of dps nodes, so I dropped a few in favor of picking up some more ES and also the extra Frenzy charge. (you ARE running Blood Rage, right?)

Strength could still be a problem since it's going to be pretty low.

You have quite a bit of mana regen nodes too. All of the ones you have taken are pretty efficient, so I don't think it's a problem, but it is still a lot of points dedicated just to that cause. Towards end-game, if you found your dps was high enough, you could spec out of some of them and get Mind Drinker instead. It's 3 points off the path in my version of the tree (4 in yours) so at most you would probably only save 1 or 2 points. May or may not be worth it, but it's something to consider I think.

I really like all of the claw passives and would love to run a build like this. The weapons themselves tend to be so inferior to daggers, though, so I can never justify it. This build could easily reach over 20% life leech with BR and passives + weapon effect though. So that's kind of awesome.
ign: weaklygdlk
"Charge chicken is dangerous, they are master of killing me." - fasknifer
Thanks a lot shoju and ThirstyGhost. You guys really helped me here.

And yes i'm running Blood Rage and Warlord's Mark. Mana regen seems fine using clarity if i only stick to dual strike and ST. I'm at 37 right now:

I'm gonna respec some dps and put it on ES as you said. Thanks again!
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAW8DlgW1CGcK_wyNDUkPqxB7ES8V1xa_GDwZiiHDIuoqWysKLKYsvy2DLkU0CjZCN2Y3gzeKOyg8jj1lQFVHBkrITLFO51M1Vi1WY1fJV-FaUl0JX2pgQ249b1dvnnBScNV1in9_gwmESIauh9uP-pDWkoCTOpP8lwaZmpoXmnibXZu1puuoGqiarH-tHq7PtMW1SLb3vSe-OsBRwQDBxcLswzrDbcSiykrN6tIZ1AXW0deG2xrb591I3vbo1uq662PrjuwY8pfz6vVL-WX56A==

my take on the build.

I skipped a lil on the projectile dmg, and specced some critical strike dmg/chance, and took 6% all res (until you hit the gear you need it's always good to have some from the skill tree, and just remove when it's unnecessary).

I also spent some points in more attack speed. I'm CI Myself, and in my case cast speed boost the survivability greatly, as Ghost Reaver is mandatory in order to survive without breaking a sweat. The core damage from claws is more important than the projectile dmg imo.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info