Surviving physical reflect

So, i've heard a lot about reflect in the past, but never really had any problem with it, probably because i didnt get very far into maps.

Now recently, i respecced my EK into crit, and started taking tons of damage, and i started thinking of ways to mitigate reflect.

What seems to have worked so far, is using arctic armor; as long as you are doing low damage, the flat reduction on AA will soak up pretty much all reflect damage. Now that im crit though, the damage goes through AA.
So i see three options:
Going vaal pact, which i dont really wanna do cause its a large change.
Stacking immortal flesh on top of AA for even more flat reduction, but im not sure it's enough to block EK crits?
Linking enduring cry + immortal call to cast on damage taken. In theory, as long as you use a lvl 1 cast on dmg taken gem, you should be able to fire at will and dont worry about a thing.

Maybe once i 5link, the lifeleech gem will take care of any problems i currently have, but in the long run, im sure its not a solution.

what do you guys think?

also i am playing in the nemesis league, currently lvl 75
for physical reflect , you really only need three components,

1 granite flasks to mitigate the damage
2 life leech to recoup your losses
3 and an attack that will kill the the threat but wont over kill the threat

that is the issue with crit builds , you over killthings , take a gem out of your single target until the reflect is manageable , or conversely add a lmp or gmp which really dilutes direct damage
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 6, 2013, 10:26:49 AM
Less crit damage I would say. Invest it in survival, kill slower but you don't risk killing yourself with reflect.
The other thing is Vaal pact which then also means you could change the crit damage for attack speed or crit chance rather than just survival.

Enduring cry has a cooldown for sure so you can't endlessly spam that when you take damage.

I am relatively new so I might be wrong, but on my char this has worked so far.
played crit EK for a little bit, all I did was weapon swap to an elemental spell such as freeze pulse.

... worked for me.

vice er verca when I played freeze pulse, weapon swapped to EK.
My weapon swap was a garbage weapon also, so I could nerf my damage as much as possible.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Nov 6, 2013, 10:36:10 AM
I can mow through physical reflect with a mostly physical damage melee without danger due to a few factors.

Build is frenzy facebreaker.

1) no crits, resolute technique because unarmed can't crit anyway.

2) dps is high but not too high 30k with frenzy stack.

3) 8k armor + endurance charges, not super high but you don't want low armor + phys reflect with high phys damage.

4) probably the most important part of all, Cast on damage taken lvl 1 > enduring cry > immortal call.

That being said, I've mowed down physical reflect packs without immortal call proccing, but I felt much safer about wading into them once I had it set up.
good points guys
I didnt consider that immortal call might have a cooldown, if that is the case then i guess it wouldnt be quite as consistent as i'd like.

for swapping to another skill, i considered using a fast weapon with viper strike and multistrike, but there are a lot of options so thats not too important.

and yeah salty youre right; currently i am missing lifeleech, so i guess ill try to 5link soon so i can get the lifeleech down, and see what changes
Enduring Cry and Immortal Call both have a 2 second cooldown.

But at lvl 11 Immortal Call even with no quality 2 EC getting burnt gives you 1.2 seconds of immunity.

Burning 4 endurance charges give 2.2 seconds of physical immunity with a level 11 zero quality gem.

It's enough to eat the spike and let your life leech flow.

It works even better if you already roll charges as is. If I don't need max dps but I'd like more survivability I replace Added Fire on Frenzy with Endurance Charge on stun and then every Frenzy hit on a non boss gives me an endurance charge.
traps
life leech or life per hit and a small amount of armor is enough to counter phys reflect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxaEUnSgmw
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
Last edited by wisdorin on Nov 6, 2013, 11:41:02 AM
"
wisdorin wrote:
life leech or life per hit and a small amount of armor is enough to counter phys reflect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxaEUnSgmw

Half of that guys damage is Hatred/Added Fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info