Are ammy rolls weighted?

Meaning, is a Jade ammy more likely to roll dex type stats? Life regen str stats, etc.?

Got some currency to blow, so I decided to see if I could chaos something decent out of an ilvl 71 onyx.

After 60 chaos, with some "meh" rolls created, I only ever achieved +% Weapon Elemental Damage one single time.

I rolled + Accuracy on tons of them. Same goes for %Armour, % crit multi/chance (although the former was rolled more frequently), % ES, and the like. Ironically, +HP was not rolled very frequently. But resistances seemed about right.

But, rolling only 1 single WED seemed very wrong. Of course it could be RNG is RNG. But out of the many many ammys ive found, very few have had that stat.

So, are they weighted based on base type like every other piece of gear? Or are jewelry in their own category, and are not weighted?

Cheers

EDIT: Or is what I'm seeing merely a result of the amount of mods (per roll type)? Meaning, WED might have only a few possible to "hit"?
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Dec 6, 2012, 1:05:14 AM
There is an awesome spreadsheet : here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArsB7KohOhhpdHoyZzU2WVZZNXQxMDg4MVk1b0FGbkE#gid=6

That lists all the prefix and suffix you can get on an amulet. The filter to change base item type or see the full list in on the filters at the bottom.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
Well, assuming that each mod has an equal chance to appear on an amulet, then it would follow that WED would be relatively rare (there are only 3 mods that grant WED). I don't think 60 is enough to count as a sufficient sample size.
As another example, there are also only 3 mods that grant attack speed on gloves, which may explain why I found it very hard to find AS gloves. There are, however, 5 movement speed mods on boots and I find them more frequently.
Assumptions are only assumptions tho.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Meaning, is a Jade ammy more likely to roll dex type stats? Life regen str stats, etc.?

That´s something only a Dev can (and will not ^^) answer.
There is most likely not an equal chance to roll the high tier ones compared to the lower versions of the same mods but beside that i don´t think amulet- basetypes are "biased" to certain kind of mods. At least everything can be rolled on each of the amulet types afaik.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
That's kinda the way I'm thinking too.

For instance, I found an armour piece with int last night, an EXTREMELY rare occurrence. Now even though I'm discussing ammys, it would help a lot to know if it really is even worth rolling jewelry that's not "for your build'. Used another 20 alchs/ scours and more meh. Just all out of curiosity too.

If I'm going to roll those items in OB I'm wondering if its better to roll class geared ammy instead of non class geared.
and int on an armour piece .. well it must have been a helmet.
Afaik only there +Int can spawn on a pure dex or str piece. All other armour-slots (gloves shield boots and chest) should limit int-roll to basetypes that require int to wear them / have ES on them.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info