Hardcore bug, got killed by clicking on a town portal wtf?

Running away from a monster in the Chamber of sins level 2 had 300/450 hp, the mob could no way possible one shot, so it wasnt the monster (black sin) the boss i was running from, so i pop a town portal AWAY FROM THE yellow mob (black sin)

(P.S) no im not lagging / latency issues)

anyways, i click on the town portal get a 0.5 sec loading screen, and then it logs me out, STRAIGHT TO the login screen, when you click log in.

Then i come back into game, and my character is dead, no way possible this could of happened i didnt even get the you are dead screen.

Just come back its dead, when i even saw the loading screen for Forest encapment.

Fix this bug, and restore my character to hardcore? im 99% sure this isnt correct, i saw a lodaing screen i had 300/450 HP i know how much the boss was hitting me for, it was only him in the room, and then i see a loading screen SAYING Ive made it OUT OF THE chamber of sins (clicked on my portal succesfully) then it logs me out and says im dead>? seriously?
You may have no had lag issues, but it could've been caused by delay, or something else. I know that GGG has a pretty strict policy against restoring HC chars due to the fact that they cannot prove if what you say is true, or do they have enough time to investigate these kind of cases, I know it sucks, its happened to a lot of people but you just gotta deal with it and start a new character or carry on in Normal.
Being attacked while changing areas is something we hope to fix before too long, but we can't restore your character! Sorry for your loss!
Balance & Design
+1 watched it happen when he was in party, had at least half his health left as he went in, would have taken at least 5s for him to die to the mob's attacks, the portal was instant death. If it matters, I just saw the text on the left saying he'd died, and he'd been logged off. The town portal disappeared the moment he clicked it (I'm sitting ~2 meters from him IRL).

Isn't it possible to review logs in cases where people are disputing HC deaths? I know I've died 5x now legit, so I wouldn't dispute it. Possible avenue in the future?
Last edited by MrMordred on Dec 6, 2012, 12:06:42 AM
"
Being attacked while changing areas is something we hope to fix before too long, but we can't restore your character! Sorry for your loss!

The joys of beta testing, more chance of losing a HardCore character thanks to the game bugging out on you.

Btw everyone who didnt read the mod's post they are aware of the issue as the quote above states, its something they hope to fix before too long.

GG.
No sympathy for you Jim.

You asked to be carried from A1 Gravicus to A2 Ledge for 2 Alcs (but then you kept asking for more, dweller, graveyard and hellraike and asked for Brutus then Merveil) . I didn't even do it for the currency lol (the main motivation wasn't the orbs), but after we're done you don't pay up and then you log off.

Considering you even got a Unique (Bones of Ullr) that's mighty low of you.

I'd say that whatever death you've gotten and whatever death you're about to get, irregardless of whatever "problems" that is inherent in the game is something you're completely deserving of.

And every time you die and want to whine about it? Think about this post.

/Sareth

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
Last edited by Sareth on Feb 7, 2013, 11:12:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info