End of World - 21/12/2012

U ppl realise that the end of the world can happen at any moment? All it takes its a idiot to press a buton. That how mest up the world we live in its.
I prefer it that way, it's like death in general. If there ever was a way to figure out the exact moment someone dies, I personally would never want to know. For one it seems to me it would be more stressful. You'd probably end up dying faster, constantly worrying about how you were going to die. Or you'd go do all sorts of crazy shiot you wouldn't normally do before it happened. If I was to die right now, I believe I'd be happy. No more pain, no more suffering, emotional stress alone from loosing the ones you love that itself has killed people. At least in my opinion, if the world did suddenly come to an end by some cataclysmic event then I'd think we'd all die quickly. You never know though, it would depend on the cause.
From what I understand, the calendar ends, then the solar cycle starts from the beginning of the calendar again.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
yeah the mayan calendar is just gonna reset
I think the biggest problem isn't that the Mayan calendar ends the 21st this year, but that someone might want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are plenty of people who wouldn't mind if the world ended, especially if they can make some money out of it. For instance, there are bunkers all over the world where people can live for years in case the world ends. It will cost you around US $5.000 to stay there, but they are open for everyone. It wouldn't be good for business if the world continues as normal and no one wanted to live in thhose bunkers, would it? So if you had the means to do it, why not cause a little global disaster and make a ton of money on it? All it takes is a terrorist attack to cause panic, and there you go. Two planes into the Twin Towers and one into Pentago over a decade ago, and the entire world suffers from it even today. How much damage would a bomb in the right place cause?

And take the Israel/Palestine conflict. It's already balacing on the edge, so one little push in one direction, and all hell breaks loose. And we're talking major war-hell. That again can easily escalate to other countries, even here in the western world. Even within the same city, some might ally with the Israeli and some with the Palestine, and you have a major problem. Honestly, if I think if the world does end at some point, that's where it will start. All this talk about coments, aliens, global warming, magnetic fields whatever are all plausable reasons why the world will end, but they are all "unlikely". A major war in the Middle-East is sadly "likely".
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
I've already made some arrangements, just in case. Filled up my pantry, rang up some old friends... Wouldnt want to die knowing that I neglected something.
no prob, we play POE on inferno all day and nit. B-) in my case in the heaven, im a pretty flower tehehehe.
2024 Activo.
"
ExileDude wrote:
I think the biggest problem isn't that the Mayan calendar ends the 21st this year, but that someone might want to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are plenty of people who wouldn't mind if the world ended, especially if they can make some money out of it. For instance, there are bunkers all over the world where people can live for years in case the world ends. It will cost you around US $5.000 to stay there, but they are open for everyone. It wouldn't be good for business if the world continues as normal and no one wanted to live in thhose bunkers, would it? So if you had the means to do it, why not cause a little global disaster and make a ton of money on it? All it takes is a terrorist attack to cause panic, and there you go. Two planes into the Twin Towers and one into Pentago over a decade ago, and the entire world suffers from it even today. How much damage would a bomb in the right place cause?

And take the Israel/Palestine conflict. It's already balacing on the edge, so one little push in one direction, and all hell breaks loose. And we're talking major war-hell. That again can easily escalate to other countries, even here in the western world. Even within the same city, some might ally with the Israeli and some with the Palestine, and you have a major problem. Honestly, if I think if the world does end at some point, that's where it will start. All this talk about coments, aliens, global warming, magnetic fields whatever are all plausable reasons why the world will end, but they are all "unlikely". A major war in the Middle-East is sadly "likely".

The sad part is everything you've mentioned was cause of philosophy, and not science. 9/11, Mayan Calendar, Israeli/Palestine conflict....all philosophical rubbish that people believe in enough to die over.

Nothing whatsoever points to the Mayan Calendar being a huge catastrophe or natural disaster. We have the ability to track meteors and find their trajectory a decade or so before they're ever within reach of earth.

The solar storms that have been happening more frequently are normal, as they have about an 11 year escalation life-cycle and 2012 is the start of that escalation. Our Sun is dying, but it's still got a few billion years or so before we have to worry about anything.

The Mayan Calendar didn't predict anything for December 21st, 2012. There's no planetary alignment that's scheduled, the winter solstice is an annual event that's nothing new, and even native Central Americans say that this calendar doesn't date the prediction of an apocalypse.

Sadly, there will probably be a lot of unnatural deaths on the 21st, and the cause will be that of ignorant human beings who become idiots based on speculation. The science is there, and it shows nothing to worry about.
it's already ending, just slowly
"
Elynole wrote:
The sad part is everything you've mentioned was cause of philosophy, and not science. 9/11, Mayan Calendar, Israeli/Palestine conflict....all philosophical rubbish that people believe in enough to die over.

Yeah, it's mostly just philosophical rubbish. The problem is the 9/11 attack was actually the second attack. The first one was back in 1994, but it was fortunately stopped in time. My best guess is if they had stopped hte 9/11 attack, we would have had a third attack later on - and who's to say we won't have it anyway?

And while you might say the Israeli/Palestine conflict is based on rubbish, it's all too real. Or haven't you watched the news the last decade or two or three? I went on vacation in Israel back in 1996, and already back then, we were warned to be careful by the tour operators. When we got there, there were plenty of soldiers walking around on the streets with pretty big guns 24/7, and it has escalated a lot since then. It's only a matter of time before it goes out of control, and we have another Iraq on our hands. Except this time it won't be just Iraq, but people all over the world. And that's a fact, despite being based on idiotic things like who owns what land and stuff like that. (And don't get me started on the Jew/Muslim conflict in the same area.)

As for the Mayan calendar, it's rubbish too, but people are willing to die for it, and they don't hesitate to let others die for it, too. That's what worries me the most. I couldn't care less about the Mayans, what happens in the Middle-East and all that stuff, but if someone were to shoot me, I'll be dead. It doesn't matter if the guy's a professional sniper or a lunatic.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info