Saddened by the new method

I kinda feel let down by this new method of handing out beta keys. I have been a member here for quite some time now waiting patiently for the beta to start, and again waiting patiently for my chance to contribute by testing and giving feedback. I know everyone hated the timer with a passion, but to me it at least gave some kind of hope to everyone. I have no friends who are in the beta now, all the friends I have invited to join me here are still waiting for their keys, so i feel like all hope is lost when it comes to closed beta. But i still hold high hopes for the game and wont be giving up open beta is just a few months away.
Though the Timer hates me I do not hate it. The new method is decent for two reasons.

A. People still not visiting the site may get a invite from the Timer and brought back into the game.

B. Active Beta members that post on the forums and answer questions may get a Friend Invite thingo and hand it out to a non beta member they see is active and would be good to play with.

It will stop a lot of whiners talking about the Timer being stupid... Though now they will complain the Beta members hate them now for not inviting em >.<

I still dislike the idea of people getting to judge if someone is "Worthy" for a Beta, but I guess no one can be totally happy with every thing. >.<
I think we need a separate forum for venting on things we do not like about this game, because it feels good to let it all out sometimes..
I think its pretty good idea if all beta members will get 1 key per few days :)... This way only active players will join the game.
I think the new method will either make me especially happy or sad. Hopefully the prospect of the latter doesn't hold true for much longer.
Don't be sad. I guess there are many people in beta without friends. They'll probably look for some people to invite - IMO You have better chance right now, just don't miss it! :)
Last edited by Pretor3 on Sep 2, 2011, 5:14:46 AM
It's one thing to extend extra invites to any hand-picked beta testers, but the timer has effectively randomised the beta playerbase. This is the new method's biggest flaw: it promises to give a degree of power to many people who really shouldn't be granted any.

Randomisation and purpose are being married here, which will inevitably cause the quality of the actual player base to be even more of a crapshoot than it already was. The process should only incorporate one or the other, which is why the timer was largely fine how it was (ignoring extraneous keys being handed out through separate mediums).
i don t think that the new method changes anything about the chance of getting into beta, for those who haven t got any friends with betakeys :X
but i don t rage... i just wait and post on this forum... maybe sometimes(!!) trolling a bit xD
me gusta
So many 0 post accounts getting it :(
I'm sure they'll be of awesome help during the testing phase of this game :/
"
phenny wrote:
So many 0 post accounts getting it :(
I'm sure they'll be of awesome help during the testing phase of this game :/

It has been stated by the devs that just playing the beta generates logs that provide helpful information, so even though their not posting they still help in some manner. Though this is not what beta is all about...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info