I just witnessed the death of my entire full party in HC

"
Tyrial wrote:
I created a new party when I made my ranger at level 1, that party ran on HC up until act 2 and became full (first time I've seen a full party in HC by the way).

The party consisted of 5 Rangers and 1 Templar. We got to the chamber of sins 3rd floor where everyone were at about level 18.
We entered a room with a blue necromancer and a group of frickin' elite commando special forces spark mages from hell.
the 2 tanking melee Rangers hit the dust in an instant, the Templar and a nearby bow Ranger got cursed with elemental weakness and got blasted with critical hits from the spark shotgun effect and both dropped immediately.
Me and the other bow Ranger managed to fall back to an earlier clear room. We tried firing in through the doorway but each kill we got the necromancer ressurected again.
I had a summon skeleton gem, so we decided to cast it inside the room to make a diversion for the spark mages. We hoped they'll turn around and blast them while we make a bee line for the necro and end him. It worked, we ran inside killed the necro and then the mages killed my last surviving party member. With the necro dead I just circled around the spark mages waiting for my mana to recharge and firing a lightning arrow on them until they were all dead.

When the fighting finally stopped, it hit me, I was the sole survivor of an entire party of heroes. Their bodies still on the floor laying at my feet.

I created this thread in memory of those brave souls, may their names shall not be forgotten.

ThunderSteel - Ranger (HC League)
Tiphanie - Ranger (HC League)
Callie - Ranger (HC League)
ClapTrap - Ranger (HC League)
ChaosPlanet - Templar (HC League)

lol
"
Victo wrote:
On a sidenote: Magic monsters can't be resurrected by necromancers - the only exception is a map boss.

I think you are wrong here. They do get resurrected, but they become base 'white' monsters. It makes it worth killing all the magic and rare undead before going for the necro.

cool story BTW, good thing for you guys it wasn't in merciless. RIP
Last edited by Karinst on Dec 4, 2012, 3:56:31 AM
"
Panda413 wrote:
"
Tyrial wrote:

the 2 tanking melee Rangers

I think I see your problem right there!

heh,

when I realized I was left all alone I might have screamed something in full caps in global chat to the effect of: "HOLY SHIT! THEY'RE DEAD! THEY'RE ALL DEAD!! THE HORROR!

*edit:
in fact let me look through the logs real quick.
here's the turn of events from the global chat logs:

#TormentMistress: HOLY SHIT! I JUST LOST 5 PARTY MEMBERS IN AN INSTANT! THEY'RE ALL DEAD! THE HORROR!
#Shadowness____: RIP
#Slammerrs: RIP
#KitsuneTsukaiIV: rip
#Shinteo_Spark_Witch_V: rip all
#JackmeriusTacktheritrix: lol from what?
#comso: how
#FU_Amelie_: rip rip rip rip rip
#comso: you noob! way to help yur party
#comso: ran away while yur party got slautered?
#SweepAndLeapGGnoRe: rip x 5
#EsotericWarrior: pure evasion is like walking naked
#comso: dont go ranger duh
#Vanillite: lol 5 party members dead? were they minions?
#KitsuneTsukaiIV: Ouch!

#TormentMistress: umm... since my entire party is dead, i umm find myself in a dire need for some new companions to adventure with..
Last edited by Tyrial on Dec 4, 2012, 6:47:05 AM
Too bad none of you carried a <The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Wraeclast>.
This is the session for Necromancers:

"
NECROMANCERS

- Carry a Raise Zombie Gem and a Towel [period]
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
"
tpapp157 wrote:

Sounds like a pretty epic fight. Take a moment to drink to your fallen comrades in the Forest Encampment.

Sadly I don't know where is the local tavern, or which NPC runs it.
"
Karinst wrote:
"
Victo wrote:
On a sidenote: Magic monsters can't be resurrected by necromancers - the only exception is a map boss.

I think you are wrong here. They do get resurrected, but they become base 'white' monsters. It makes it worth killing all the magic and rare undead before going for the necro.

cool story BTW, good thing for you guys it wasn't in merciless. RIP

I am pretty sure that I am right as it would make the special ability of said map boss relatively useless, but I will test it when I get home :-).

Last edited by Victo on Dec 4, 2012, 8:26:10 AM
"
Victo wrote:

Magic necros can resurrect fallen magic skeletons back as regular white skeletons. Only the ones in maps can resurrect magic blue skeletons back as magic blue skeletons.

If my party and I were fighting in a map with such a necro, I don't wanna think how it would all have turned out... The elite commando special forces mages from hell part would be an understatement. They'd probably go Green Berets on our ass.
RIP

I'm using the time left of CB to practice for HC. Chamber of sins is deff one of the places you need to be most carefull at. Don't think i will go in there at all unless with handfull of lightning resistance.
-HC player
Had a signature RiP list but it just to long now :)
"
Tyrial wrote:
"
Victo wrote:

Magic necros can resurrect fallen magic skeletons back as regular white skeletons. Only the ones in maps can resurrect magic blue skeletons back as magic blue skeletons.

I think I am right as you can see in the test I did one minute ago:

http://de.twitch.tv/victolol/b/345234542#

But maybe the necromancer just didn't feel like resurrecting his servants - who knows. :-P

Last edited by Victo on Dec 4, 2012, 12:31:46 PM
Now kill a magic mob in front of Sawbones. He'll raise it back... as what, I'm not sure. I thought back to magic, but I could be wrong.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info