I just witnessed the death of my entire full party in HC

I created a new party when I made my ranger at level 1, that party ran on HC up until act 2 and became full (first time I've seen a full party in HC by the way).

The party consisted of 5 Rangers and 1 Templar. We got to the chamber of sins 3rd floor where everyone were at about level 18.
We entered a room with a blue necromancer and a group of frickin' elite commando special forces spark mages from hell.
the 2 tanking melee Rangers hit the dust in an instant, the Templar and a nearby bow Ranger got cursed with elemental weakness and got blasted with critical hits from the spark shotgun effect and both dropped immediately.
Me and the other bow Ranger managed to fall back to an earlier clear room. We tried firing in through the doorway but each kill we got the necromancer ressurected again.
I had a summon skeleton gem, so we decided to cast it inside the room to make a diversion for the spark mages. We hoped they'll turn around and blast them while we make a bee line for the necro and end him. It worked, we ran inside killed the necro and then the mages killed my last surviving party member. With the necro dead I just circled around the spark mages waiting for my mana to recharge and firing a lightning arrow on them until they were all dead.

When the fighting finally stopped, it hit me, I was the sole survivor of an entire party of heroes. Their bodies still on the floor laying at my feet.

I created this thread in memory of those brave souls, may their names shall not be forgotten.

ThunderSteel - Ranger (HC League)
Tiphanie - Ranger (HC League)
Callie - Ranger (HC League)
ClapTrap - Ranger (HC League)
ChaosPlanet - Templar (HC League)
Ouch. Rest in peace guys.
[quote="Xavderion"]Adapt or die.[/quote]
[quote="NekoHanten"]You are a prisoner who has been exiled to Wraeclast. Do you think it's meant to be easy and fun?[/quote]
"
Tyrial wrote:

the 2 tanking melee Rangers

I think I see your problem right there!

:)

RIP
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Actually, melee rangers are quite good.

You still need max resists for tanking though and a ton of hp.

Especially against sparkmages ... max lightning is a must. I usually bring a few rings in HC and swap them based on where I am (expect enemy damage type).

Happened to us too, 3 of us died to those crazy mages and it was so fast we couldn't react.
Chamber of Sins level 3 can be brutal. I always bring along a few topaz rings.

Sounds like a pretty epic fight. Take a moment to drink to your fallen comrades in the Forest Encampment.

Are you going to venture on by yourself or maybe wait for them to catch back up with new characters?
Forum Sheriff
Epic. Your character as officially 'seen some shit'.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

I wish I was that smart. I tend to wander in, die, and realize I forgot to get the lvl 2 WP, forgot to put up a TP, and have to run back from Crossroads ><
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Epic. Your character as officially 'seen some shit'.

"
tpapp157 wrote:

I wish I was that smart. I tend to wander in, die, and realize I forgot to get the lvl 2 WP, forgot to put up a TP, and have to run back from Crossroads ><

:-(

I often get to the boss and tp back before him to refill my flasks and then get distracted by ANYTHING and thirty minutes later you can hear me scream in pain because my instance got closed :-).

On a sidenote: Magic monsters can't be resurrected by necromancers - the only exception is a map boss.
I just alternate spamming Skeles as a meat shield and shoot from the door. It really goes shot, skele, shot, skele. Takes forever but slowly you wear down the necro. That or kite em through fire traps for three rooms.

Edit: Also RIP to a group that at least has an epic story to go out on.
Last edited by Rahabs on Dec 4, 2012, 2:03:31 AM
I do a similar tactic, only it's shoot, summon zombie, shoot summon zombie, it consumes the corpses so there's nothing for the necro to bring back.
Epic story, haven't heard of many full party stories lately though, this is fun. An amazing RIP you witnessed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info