Cast on Critical Strike is SO BROKEN

Main Spell
Power Siphon -> Greater Multiple Projectiles, Chain, Cast on Critical, Fireball, Fireball

Current Chest
Spoiler

If Power Siphon Crits, you cast the attached spells (5 Projectiles)*(3 Chain Hits)*(0.68 Chance to Cast)*(2 Fireballs) times.
That's over 20 castings of (Fireball -> GMP, Chain)!

Arctic Armour

Cast on Damage Taken -> Arctic Armour

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Why pick fireball other than the fact that it benefits from both GMP and Chain? Reflect damage! Attaching Arctic Armour to a Cast on Damage Taken gem will automatically turn on Arctic Armour if you hit a reflect mob. The tiny GMP+Chain+AoE hits of Fireball will be completely negated by Arctic Armour, preventing all reflect damage.

Those are the 2 key points of this build, the rest is pretty self explanatory and can be built a number of different ways.

Here's my current build which gets to 90% crit chance when with full power charges
Offers may not be honored 24 hours after posting them.
Last edited by dawu on Nov 5, 2013, 2:02:03 AM
"
dawu wrote:

If Power Siphon Crits, you cast the attached spells (5 Projectiles)*(3 Chain Hits)*(0.68 Chance to Cast)*(2 Fireballs) times.

That's just about how quickly you'll lose 15% Exp when you hit reflect mobs :)
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
dawu wrote:

I don't take damage from reflect.
"
dawu wrote:
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
dawu wrote:

I don't take damage from reflect.

That's assuming the damage you took to trigger Arctic Armour was small. If you had 20 castings of Fireball hit reflect mobs before AA was triggered, then you will die.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Arctic Armour gets triggered by the hit that brings you over the damage threshold so you'd take 440 damage and the next "hit" turns on Arctic Armour. Since you're launching 300+fireballs, unless you can deal over 300*440 145,200 damage per attack, you shouldn't have to worry about Arctic Armour not turning on in time.
Anyways, I don't think I can use this build anyway because I get 1 frame per second while using my main spell.
Last edited by dawu on Nov 5, 2013, 8:02:38 AM
"
dawu wrote:
Anyways, I don't think I can use this build anyway because I get 1 frame per second while using my main spell.

I knew they balanced cast on crit somehow.
Have you thought about adding elemental equilibrium to your build and use a wand with lightning and/or cold damage to further increase your fireball dmg?
I am just curious what skill(s) you used while leveling up as well as which passives you picked up first.

Sounds fun though.
just wanted to bring up how arctic armor is effective in mitigating reflect damage:

assuming 75% fire res and a 18% ele reflect damage,

lvl 17 AA (like OPs gem) negates 140 fire damage.

so you have to hit for more than .25 x .18 = .045 , 140/.045 = 3111 fire damage to receive any damage reflected back at you.

Thats per hit, per fireball.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info