loging out when i put the game in the background

so this keeps happening to me when i go and put the game in the background to do something and then i open the game again my game has stooped ad then im logged out if someone knows what it happining and can help please do cuz it`s cinda dum i ha ve to run all the way back to the place and do it agin.
Last edited by sciddels on Dec 2, 2012, 11:06:13 PM
This happens because the game needs a "heartbeat" packet to stay connected (about every 8 seconds it wants you to say "I'm still here"), but your hardware is too slow to do all the minimizing things and loading up of the desktop in those 8 seconds. And since the hardware is busy, it cannot process the game quickly enough to remember to send the heartbeat packet, so you get disconnected.

What are your system specs? It's important for the developers to know what their target platform is. They might make it so minimizing is detected and sends a long heartbeat signal, or they might rely on you setting your heartbeat very long. This can be a problem though if you ever crash, as your character will be stuck in the game still and possibly getting attacked.
I also notice this issue - cant bet if its a 50/50 chance or even lower - on a not-so-bad machine with a Phenom II X4 cpu.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
im yousing a presario CQ56 Notebook PC

AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Daul-Core procssor 2.20 Gz

4.00GB of Ram

64-bit Operating System

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info