Explanation of some changes in 0.9.13h

We've changed the vendor recipes related to matching rares that have the same name. It's still possible to get Orbs of Alchemy and Regal Orbs, but is more complex and costly. As usual, we're not revealing the exact recipes, but I'm sure people will work them out sooner or later. The new ones are balanced so that arbitrarily filling stash tabs with rares isn't as profitable as before, but there are still ways that clever players can profit from the time spent matching rares. This change will substantially reduce the economic consequences of rare matching.

Defensive values of hybrid armour pieces will be improved by 10% relative to other armour types. We have felt for a while that they were weaker for various reasons, so this is an opportunity to buff them.

A shield's quality will no longer affect its block rate. This was making the higher block rate shields almost mandatory because you could stack an additional multiplicative 20% block chance onto their base value. We wanted to reduce block rates slightly so that there's room for more Unique items that modify them, but we didn't want to attack them at the passive tree (as the current values are meaningful). Quality will continue to affect the other defensive values of a shield (which are larger than gloves and boots and equal to helmets). We will probably be adding explicit block rate mods for shields in the future.

PvP damage scaling will change in 0.9.13h so that people take slightly less damage. This is in response to ongoing data and metagame feedback that suggests that PvP builds achieve more damage than we anticipated. We're very keen to hear feedback on this change after you've had a chance to play with it, so please let us know before we get into Open Beta.

In 0.9.13h, screenshots will be saved in your Documents folder (under My Games\Path of Exile\Screenshots) rather than in the Path of Exile folder in Program Files. This change was made because many versions of windows don't grant users permission to write files in Program Files, so the screenshots would actually get saved to more difficult locations such as the VirtualStore.

To answer the question I am asked every time I post: in the near future we will be announcing the date that Open Beta begins. I cannot post a date yet because we're still scheduling some PR/media activities and want the date to be absolutely correct before we announce it. Once it's announced, there will be no turning back because we will perform the last wipe on that date, deploy 0.10.0, enable public access and brace ourselves for the storm.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Excellent work, I dunno about the changes to the recipes, I need to think about that a bit.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Great to hear about the PvP changes. Now we just need diminishing returns on some of the CC abilities. =D
yes nice to hear that alchemys dont loose their value ;P.

thx ggg keep up on going your good work

:)
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
Last edited by wisdorin on Dec 1, 2012, 11:23:46 AM
thanks for the changes to the hybrid armour :)
great news that last wipe will be with closing on CB.I heard from people that OB will also have wipe which was weird but i didnt truest then much in that ;p.Im glad i was right and i hope we see open beta as soon as possible.
*runs to create his 70 alchemy orbs from currently matching rares*

I feel like Iron Reflexes + Duelist gear = win, after the patch. That said, hybrid gear does suck, currently, so at least it's getting a buff.

Also would like to hear if map drops are going to get any love in the patch. Silent nerfs probably get answered with silent buffs, but when you nerf it as bad as you did, you should really say something.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 30, 2012, 12:08:38 AM
I think with pvp there definitely needs to be some sort of diminishing returns on traps and CC's. There are builds out there that use bear trap only, it hits you your stuck then 3 more come and your more than dead. There needs to be some sort of damage reduction on multiple traps and also a time reduction on how long you are trapped as it gets spammed.

Same goes for fire traps. I made a fire witch for pvp with Searing touch and cloak of flame... my fire traps go boom for ridiculous amounts of damage and are basically the only way i can deal serious damage to someone. Fireball is completely useless because it is WAAAY too slow.
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
So Chris, when will OB be announced?
"
So Chris, when will OB be announced?

Oh hey, look, it's That Guy.

___

Can't wait for 0.9.13h, possibly for a reason not explored in this thread.

The reduction in the block rate directly hurts my main build but Crest of Pendarus is still the bomb for a melee evader. :)

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info