About devourer's.

I did springs map earlier today and I met a rare one with some adds. Guess what, I got hit once from the rare one and went down to 20%, had to abandon the map. GG GGG.
Cast on damage taken can carry you...

4 link Boots with
20%immortal call, Frost Nova, 20%increased duration, Level 10+ Cast on damage taken
(Trigger damage on this one should be at least half your HP or as high as possible so you have time to build up endurance charges)

+

4 link Gloves with
Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, Temporal Chains, level 3 Cast on damage taken
(Level 3 CODT so you stagger your curses a bit. makes it more likely to curse different targets)

+

4 Link Helm with
Enduring Cry, Temporal Chains, 20% Shock Nova, level 1 cast on damage taken

Quality Gems Needed

Shock Nova - Per 1% Quality +1.5% Chance to shock enemies on hit with Lightning Damage
+3% increased Shock Duration on enemies

-Shocked enemies take more damage
-Temporal chains slows monsters down which lowers their DPS by that % and makes it easier for you to get out of the pack if you need to.

Immortal Call - Per 1% Quality Additional +0.01 seconds Base Duration per Endurance Charge

Increased Duration - Per 1% Quality +1% increased Skill Effect Duration

at level 20 gems with only 5 endurance charges this is 5 X .79s X 103% = nearly 8 seconds of physical damage invulnerability

In 8 seconds that pack should be dead.

GGG made things hard but they also implemented some extremely powerful new skills to the game. Use them.

Watch them nerf cast on damage taken in the next patch now :P
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Only thing I have to complain about them is that every time they pop up, I have a mini heart-attack. Put a dang warning onto where they will pop up.
Those worms are rigged just because they do damage when they get out of the ground EVEN IF YOU RUN AWAY. This is nonsensical bullshit. Have fun surviving when you get a map with 40+% magic monsters and you get hit by 6 worms EVEN though you ran away.

GGG, you should start fixing some damned bugged rigged mobs or your players will simply go to other games.
"
Veracocha wrote:
Please, bear in mind that Path of Exile is a hardcore Action RPG. It's supposed to be hard because developers at Grinding Gear Games love hardcore gameplay. Thank you.

Mostly, this comes from chickens that hide behind 7 endu charges with immortal call allways ready.

On a non armor builds, those packs are crazy. And hard to kite. Personally, i would let them roam (underground), give them more HP, but disable the packspawn. And fix that ghosthit...

A fearsome hunter is far more fitting than those ridiculous packs.

Or just scale the damage to the rest of the game.
I'm evasion+block based and .... well I havn't been it even once by their burrowing attack, the Orchard boss is only dangerous from the fireballs ( 75% fire res with 5k+ health pool ) to me.

I have yet to see big packs in a map, maybe I'm just lucky ... idk.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 17, 2013, 11:02:25 AM
I have to agree... I had no probs with devourers before but when I came across a pack of 6 blues with extra damage and frenzy charges from the map mod, I couldn't even run circles around them. took me down too fast.
I heard the devourers were made to fuck with ranged, so they feel the same danger that melee.

I don't know what to say about that.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
They mess up summoners too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info