Black Screen While Playing, No error code

I am posting the email I already sent to support here to see if I can get any help

I have been having a problem since Beta where while playing the game will crash. This will happen after as little as 2 or 3 minutes or not happen for as long as 10+ hours. My Brother has the exact same computer as me and it has been happening to him as well. When the game crashes the screen just goes completely black and any audio on my computer starts to glitch and loop. I can not alt tab out of the game or Ctrl alt Del. The only way out is to restart my computer. When this happens my CPU fan also starts spinning extremely fast until I shut down my computer.
My computer has:

Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit
AMD Radeon HD 6800
AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor (4 CPUs) ~3.5GHz
8Gigs of ram
1TB Western Digital HDD Black Edition

Like i had said earlier the same exact crash is happening on a second computer with the same exact parts.
so far to toubleshoot I have :

Updated my drivers
Defragmented
Re-installled POE
Ran In Fullscreen, Windowed, and Windowed Fullscreen
Turned off Vsync

Any help I could get would be really great, thanks

I just added --nosound to my launcher and am running the PackCheck but those were BSOD fixes and I haven't gotten a BSOD just the black sceen crash.
--nosound didn't work

I got a response from support saying that maybe my computer was overheating. I was looking for ways to reduce my heat and ended up downloading MSI afterburner as a FPS limiter to limit my FPS to 30 in hopes on producing less heat. MSI afterburner also had a heatchecker that would run in the corner of my screen while playing. I crashed again in the same way while my GPU was at 52 degrees C, so heat isn't the problem. I sent this in to tech support and haven't gotten a response in almost two weeks now, any suggestions anybody here has would be great. thanks
Does the sound still function when you get a black screen?

If so, then it's something specifically related to the video. Either the video card itself is damaged or having issues (even if the temps don't say it's overheating), or the drivers are having issues (can usually be fixed by updating to latest non-beta drivers).
any sound my computer is playing will be stuck on repeat. My brother has the exact same build and I think it would be strange if both of our cards were broken in the exact same way that only affected POE, I'll try updating my drivers or downgrading to a more stable version but this has been a constant problem since beta and I know I have already updated once or twice since then. Save me GGG!
I was on AMD's Catalyst Software suite 13.9 drivers, which was listed as a stable release. I upgraded to 13.11 beta drivers and after a few hours of hopeful gameplay poe crashed anyways the same way it has been crashing
bumping for the sake of my shadow :C
bumping. still been playing through crashes, I crash anywhere from 0 - 3 times a day, after anywhere from 30 min of gameplay to a few hours without crashing. I've been looking to see if its like certain monsters or areas that crash me but so far there isn't any constancy
Bumping for my last time before I need to quit the game due to being unable to play it
All we can suggest is to play more with the graphics settings and drivers. Also make sure you are NOT overclocking your video card.

The problem is clearly in the video stack somewhere, so that's what I'd investigate.
I just upgraded to AMD next video card driver (13.2 im pretty sure) so this the third driver version i've tried and it's still crashing regularly, and i've ran my vid card stock since I bought it, I guess I could try downgrading to an older video card driver, thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info