[NEMESIS] Anton's Scion 2H Spec Throw - tanky. Cheap & Effective

IGN: KCChiefsFan_The_Second

GO CHIEFS! We are 8-0, I can't believe it!

Hey guys, I have been playing this game non stop since open beta started and I want to share the build I have put together for the new Nemesis league. I'm having fun with this build as I'm progressing into maps. I am more of a solo player and don't care much for trading, so I am all self found for the most part. I might buy a piece of gear if I see one. So you should be able to have fun late game without worrying about having super expensive gear. But obviously, having some awesome gear will greatly enhance the experience.

I am currently level 76

This build focuses around Spectral Throw for AoE and Heavy Strike for single targets.

The Attack Skills

Spoiler
Spectral Throw
LMP - I tried GMP, but I like LMP better with this, I find myself clearing things a lot faster since you lose DPS with GMP but gain spread. I prefer the LMP for more concentrated DPS.
Life Gain on Hit - You can easily go life leech too, but I've tried both and like LoH, quality is highly recommended.
Blood Magic - I cannot spam spec throw without the blood magic gem. If you can, go with one of the bottom two.

5th & 6th link (which I still don't even have) - Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage.

Heavy Strike
Faster Attacks
Life Leech (quality recommended but not required)
Melee Physical Damage

At level 76 with gear that's not even that great, I'm doing 1320 DPS with Spectral Throw and 8.2K DPS with Heavy Strike. A 5th link and a better weapon, this build will be awesome. It's just a matter of time!

Trigger Skills

Spoiler
Cast on Damage Taken (it literally is the best thing ever) I got this from the quest at the very end of Merciless in the library. Or you can pay 9-10 chaos to get one earlier. Once you get it, it's awesome. If you wait to get it, make sure that you level up the gems it will be linked to ahead of time. Oh and do not level up Cast on Damage Taken at all. You want this to trigger at 440 damage taken and everytime you level it, it takes more damage and the DPS from molten shell isn't going to be worth that IMO, since it's used primarily for defense here.
Molten Shell - adds armor
Enduring Cry - adds lots of damage reduction
Decoy Totem - gets the bad guys off of you

Auras

Spoiler
I'm only going with 2 auras. You could go three if you want to risk it with a blood magic gem, but there's no way I want to do that, at least not right now and you won't be able to run 2 auras till a bit later, not until you get the sovereignty node. Come to think of it, it was kind of a pain leveling up with mana issues. You can most certainly grab the mana nodes at the left of the scion start area first for easier mana use early on and then respec out of it later.

Hatred - your 2H weapon is going to be physical, so this will increase DPS greatly.
Grace - pretty much a must have for anyone taking iron reflexes

Curses
Spoiler

Projectile Weakness - for added DPS
Enfeeble - for bosses that hit hard

Now the fun part, leveling up! Which way to go first! I went straight to Resolute Technique, IMO if you aren't critting, you need to get RT asap. Then after that I went my way towards Iron Reflexes. I'll just do a skill progression thing to make it easy:

First 20 skill points - Resolute Technique

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfI1kqxZiPHnY_4Ktz7GrjwtxPYn7ayqcql82Q==

20-40 - Iron Reflexes & Unwavering Stance

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfI1kqxZiPHnY_4Ktz7GrjwtxPYn7ayqcql82cQVqW5sRnJsMgl4DVivNuhkoxpVYSGE714TG8hDMbZBTioppQHnn8t07Q==

Don't freak out! I had to use up all of my respec points and I had to buy a total of 6 regrets, you will make it more efficient later on, but I wanted to rush IR. You don't have to though and if you decide that you do not want to do that, go down to Golems Blood and Diamond Flesh instead of taking the strength + dex nodes over to IR and get IR later on

40-60 - Iron Grip and up to the Templar area

60 - 80 - Sovereignty & Wrecking Ball

80 - present - Elemental Adaptation

Spoiler
Grab elemental adaptation earlier if you want to. Also Path of the Warrior by the Scion start.

This is actually what my build is right now. As I go further, I'm probably going to either fill out the life nodes or get the evasion %. I grabbed Fell the Weak for 20% increased damage with Axes and 10% armor. It was right there and I'm using an Axe at the moment, so it's a no brainer. If I find a better mace or sword, I will use a regret to get out of it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgSzBS0S4RRNFy8Y2xo4GlUhYCftKaUxnjIJMn4yiTWSNug26TpSOyg8LUCgSn1KyE3jTipV1lb6V-JYr1nzWf5aUluvYENgS2EhZKNk52aeZ6BsRm49bqpybHKpdO108XfleA1673zZfPWApIMJhO-HKYd2iPGKIpAKkFWbXZ65n8uiAKZXp4SomqloqW6sWayqtfK3PsAawKbA88QVxPbGrt0N42rnY-w48pfz3frS_MX-Cv6P

Bandit quests

Spoiler
I helped Oak all three times. The 40 HP + 18% physical damage + an extra endurance charge suits this build well. The way I looked at it, if those 3 nodes were on the skill tree and just 1 point each off, I would take them. But you cannot go wrong taking skil points too.

Flasks

Spoiler
Do NOT leave town in Nemesis without a Staunching flask, ever! In fact have 2 at least. I don't even have the proper rolled flasks yet. I'm debating going Vaal Pact and switching LoH to leech on spec throw and running with 4 granites and 1 quicksilver

So a little rundown, the stats for where I am at now (level 76):

Offense

Spoiler
58% increased attack speed
26% increased projectile damage
40% increased elemental damage with weapons
6% increased movement speed
79% increased physical damage with weapons

Defense

Spoiler
196% increased health
+50 life
22% resist all
34% increased armor (not very high, will work on that soon)
+1 endurance charge

I chose not to get weapon specific nodes because I don't want to commit to anything but 2 handed weapons with high physical damage. If I found a 500+ DPS mace and had a 400 DPS axe and all of the axe nodes, I would be a little cranky. So a good weapon is needed.

What the build should look like when I'm level 86 (If I get to level 86) and most of you won't ever get much past level 86, so not even going there. If you get that far, you know what to do

My gear when I'm just magic finding on a map that isn't difficult

Spoiler

Then if it's a challenging map, I switch the boots and gloves. I don't have a better helm or rings. I have my resists maxed at 77% at all times btw. I also find that 2% mana leech is very very helpful. I'm lucky enough to have found that weapon on the docks and it comes with 2% mana leech. I have 100 mana that isn't reserved since I'm running my 2 auras off of my mana. The 2% leech allows me to spam heavy strike on single targets as many times that it takes. It has become crucial. You can also find mana leech on gloves and amulets too. So look for that.

Spoiler

So as you can see, top-notch gear isn't exactly required. I'm not using a Koams and a Marohi Erqi. But if you could do that, I imagine this would be pretty awesome.

I will check out this thread several times per day, unless of course nobody is interested in it haha.

I am on this game all of the time. It's the only game that I play and probably will play for a long time. So please, if you have a question you can PM me or ask a question here.

If you have any constructive criticism, please don't hesitate! I am not claiming to be an expert, but this is working out pretty good for me with less than ideal gear.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Last edited by AntonChigur on Nov 3, 2013, 12:43:25 AM
oops
Last edited by AntonChigur on Nov 3, 2013, 12:44:33 AM
oops
Last edited by AntonChigur on Nov 3, 2013, 12:44:43 AM
It seems that everyone who is running a 2h ST build for Scion is doing something similar each time, it's pretty hard to go wrong with a build. That said, I can offer a couple tips from my experience.

1. Consider using Mana Leech instead of Blood Magic on your ST. I have even less mana than you after hatred (only 65 mana!!) and grace and yet my ST is fully spammable -- I'm running with ST - LMP - Added Fire Damage - Mana Leech in a 4L item right now and am getting 1750 dps with it.

2. Consider swapping out that decoy totem in favor of a good curse. I've tried a few in this build and I like Warlord's Mark the most. WM will help a lot with your life/mana leech allowing you to get rid of a LGoH or Life Leech gem, which in turn will help raise your ST DPS by changing gems. It will also help keep up your endurance charges. I used to use Enfeeble, but I don't have much INT so I prefer WM which I can keep maxed out in levels easier.

3. For single target I really like Double Strike. I use it with Multistrike, Added Fire Damage, Melee Physical Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage in a 5L item. I use a couple high mana/slow delivery flasks to allow me to spam this on my low mana and I can always switch back to ST for a few hits if my flasks run empty. I get 15,000 dps on this skill at level 75.

My build:

I'm only 75, but I've been able to take a lot more damage nodes on the tree with this build. I've only found decent maces for my two-handers, so I opted for some of the mace-specific nodes which I like because they also grant health or armor bonuses. My next points will probably go toward the reduced mana reservation that is close to Harrier (northeast of scion start) or maybe the one near iron grip and I will also pick up the endurance charge node at the bottom of the tree. I have one point near unwavering stance that needs to be moved once I get another orb of regret.

EDIT: oh crap, I just noticed that you're in nemesis so I'm not sure if that negates all of what I just said, lol, but some of it may still hold true.
Last edited by Kelderek on Nov 3, 2013, 1:27:00 AM
"
Kelderek wrote:
It seems that everyone who is running a 2h ST build for Scion is doing something similar each time, it's pretty hard to go wrong with a build. That said, I can offer a couple tips from my experience.

1. Consider using Mana Leech instead of Blood Magic on your ST. I have even less mana than you after hatred (only 65 mana!!) and grace and yet my ST is fully spammable -- I'm running with ST - LMP - Added Fire Damage - Mana Leech in a 4L item right now and am getting 1750 dps with it.

2. Consider swapping out that decoy totem in favor of a good curse. I've tried a few in this build and I like Warlord's Mark the most. WM will help a lot with your life/mana leech allowing you to get rid of a LGoH or Life Leech gem, which in turn will help raise your ST DPS by changing gems. It will also help keep up your endurance charges. I used to use Enfeeble, but I don't have much INT so I prefer WM which I can keep maxed out in levels easier.

3. For single target I really like Double Strike. I use it with Multistrike, Added Fire Damage, Melee Physical Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage in a 5L item. I use a couple high mana/slow delivery flasks to allow me to spam this on my low mana and I can always switch back to ST for a few hits if my flasks run empty. I get 15,000 dps on this skill at level 75.

My build:

I'm only 75, but I've been able to take a lot more damage nodes on the tree with this build. I've only found decent maces for my two-handers, so I opted for some of the mace-specific nodes which I like because they also grant health or armor bonuses. My next points will probably go toward the reduced mana reservation that is close to Harrier (northeast of scion start) or maybe the one near iron grip and I will also pick up the endurance charge node at the bottom of the tree. I have one point near unwavering stance that needs to be moved once I get another orb of regret.

EDIT: oh crap, I just noticed that you're in nemesis so I'm not sure if that negates all of what I just said, lol, but some of it may still hold true.

ya that's some good point. I've been thinking of dropping enfeeble and using a couple of regrets and get rid of the INT nodes. I will try warlords mark instead of decoy totem and see how that goes. Or just use WM instead of enfeeble and dropping blood magic for added fire. I will test that out soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info