question regarding open beta

is there an official date? i keep hearing "soon" and "1 month" etc; but the problem is that a friend and i really enjoy this game, we're level 30~ and we don't want to play because we know it's going to get wiped so it's pretty much a waste of time.

tl;dr we'd like to actually play this game but we can't because we don't want a wipe. when is open beta?
http://www.pathofexile.com/news

Edit to make it clickable
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
Last edited by Flavious on Nov 21, 2012, 7:17:41 AM
If you like playing, it's not a waste of time.

If you don't want to lose a great character, then try something funny like a Marauder hiding behind Zombies or a Witch who uses only weapons larger than herself ;)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
So there's no real info huh?
Well, to be fair. I played quite a bit, at least, what time allowed me to. But I also don't want to play at the moment due to this wipe which is coming "soon". I think I'm afraid I might get burned out on it before open beta begins, which I absolutely don't want since I happen to like PoE alot.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
i feel like maybe if i keep playing and see what's in store for late-game and then it gets wiped i wont want to start anew.
Open Beta is still scheduled for this December.
Forum Sheriff
"
wontbme wrote:
i feel like maybe if i keep playing and see what's in store for late-game and then it gets wiped i wont want to start anew.

If this was how you were going to feel then you really shouldn't have played as much as you did. I stopped playing after open beta was announced for December for the same reasons.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
wontbme wrote:

If this was how you were going to feel then you really shouldn't have played as much as you did. I stopped playing after open beta was announced for December for the same reasons.

i stopped playing as soon as i heard open beta was supposed to be "real soon"
but no one can even show a shred of evidence.
"
wontbme wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
wontbme wrote:

i stopped playing as soon as i heard open beta was supposed to be "real soon"
but no one can even show a shred of evidence.

That's because GGG haven't placed a set date. They are hoping to get Act 3 out in December. You can find the source of that info in the Announcements page, were Chris had an interview with a site.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info