More Demonic Monsters For Us To Slay

I agree, the most variety in each area is extremely limited.
IGN: Jintoboy
Don´t know why but i wouldn´t like to see dragons in poe.
They´re just EVERYWHERE in every game
But strong creatures like basilisks or dinosaur like monsters.. hm hell yes.

@topic
demons only if they are rares in dungeons or so or part of the storyline.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Nov 22, 2012, 12:22:16 PM
+1 for variety
+
"
DaleWinters wrote:
And Batman
This game needs Batman as an enemy

evil Batman

Yeah read a dc when I was a kid with an evil batman in it, he had lycanthropy and turned into a were-bat.... epic stuff.

So yeah a shape changer or a morpher would be pretty cool, as they are not that common in games generally, at least not in the ones I have played....

If GGG plan to do 5+ Acts, I think it may be as many as eight over the next 10 years, depending on game life span, then it may be premature to start calling for more monster varieties today.
Bring me my bow of burning gold
Bring me my arrows of desire.....

If i am a troll who is no troll who then is the troll? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53626 }:)

'I rise from the ashes of my own defeat, only to be smitten down again...'
- Some poor soul.
+
"
Jintoboy wrote:
I agree, the most variety in each area is extremely limited.

"
Spysong192 wrote:
Don´t know why but i wouldn´t like to see dragons in poe.
They´re just EVERYWHERE in every game
But strong creatures like basilisks or dinosaur like monsters.. hm hell yes.
@topic
demons only if they are rares in dungeons or so or part of the storyline.

"
+1 for variety

Yes, more variety is always good, but adding demons and dragons, when EVERY other generic fantasy game has demons and dragons, is the exact opposite of variety. I would much rather fight giant statues and ribbons than this mashup of every generic monster ever. Torchlight II has many more different types of monsters than PoE, but even though I played it just an hour ago, I cannot remember anything distinct about the monsters. (I think there were spiders, and wolves, and several types of random bipedal monsters that just get mixed up in my memory.)

I think GGG has done a great job with creating an aesthetic that is uniquely adapted for this new world they have built. PoE mobs are each distinct, and they all have personalities. When I think about PoE mobs, I don't just think of generic bags of xp. I think of charging rhoas, annoying crabs and sandspitters, swarming squid, goatmen falling from the skies, exploding hell-kitties, mumbling necromancers, and f***ing flicker pirates. This is what makes PoE so much better than other games. Please don't mess with this successful formula.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
LOVE the idea of dinosaur-like mobs for the forest regions...also elementals can be added almost anywhere so that's not that unbelievable either. I understand for their choice in current mob design and agree with it but there are more types that can still be put in. I'd gladly put in more money to this game other than the measly $10USD JUST for the closed beta key.. (lol you guys also know who you are) for more variety and the funds to accompany it :D
There should be a miniscule chance that dead babies rise and eat your face.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
"
Crackerblk wrote:
There should be a miniscule chance that dead babies rise and eat your face.

LOL yea that's gritty and creepy for ya ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info