Kripparian Is Streaming PoE Again

"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:

Too many people put everything he does on a pedestal and mimic him in everything.

Can't have a reasonable discussion about theorycraft without hearing "but kripp"... And that's where I tune out.

I started watching Kripp almost daily not long after I started playing PoE back in May. I recognized his name from WoW and such. As for his chat, I'm one of a small handful of moderators that actually do something. Trust me, I know his chat room is a cess pool, I make sure to keep it free of racism and biggotry as much as I can.

And yea, as someone else said, Kripp rarely reads his chat. That's just the way he is. If he's playing a game solo he reads it more often and interacts with chat. When he's raiding with his WoW guild, or playing D3 with his buddies, he's usually focused on that rather than talking to chat. Which is why you see mods like me, Kami, Sharuko, Swaee, etc answer the onslaught of questions.

you answer questions in another mans chat which are directed at him??

I dunno man, I dunno
"
nebb1234 wrote:

I dunno man, I dunno

Well most of them are common knowledge questions if you're a regular viewer of his stream. Like what PC specs does he have? How old is he? etc It's not like I formulate an opinion myself on something and construe it as his lol. Just your basic stuff like "hey kripp whats your favorite class in PoE?" which thus far would be Marauder.
I came back because of Kripp. Let's hope he stops playing WoW and D3, and plays more PoE.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hrw55.gif[/img]
I never understood why people care.

I mean, it's free publicity for the game, but for those already playing, I'm not sure why it matters.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
"
ocajavati wrote:

I mean, it's free publicity for the game, but for those already playing, I'm not sure why it matters.

Because Kripp is one hell of a min/maxer and will break a game down to it's core mechanics analzing every skill, gem, piece of gear, etc to be the best he can. He was the world first to do the WoW Ironman Challnege (basically level 1 to 85 with just white colored gear, no partying, no heirlooms etc). And he scored the world first hardcore kill on Diablo, on Inferno difficulty (the hardest level) in Diablo 3, prior to Blizzard patching it a few days later to nerf the fight (it was extremely difficult even with great gear).

Watch his stream when he's doing PoE stuff, he breaks down an entire build he makes with spreadsheets, testing gems in game, trying to get a roadmap of what gear he needs etc Who else takes it to that level of play? Prior to the recent Default and HC wipe to legacy, he was in the top ten on the HC ladder at like level 84, all the while having only played the game a total of a couple weeks.

Some think it might be arrogant but he can back up what he says. He's not so much into pvp as he is getting the best gear and as high on the ladder as he can, he is interested in the Cut Throat league once it's released.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
ocajavati wrote:

Because Kripp is one hell of a min/maxer and will break a game down to it's core mechanics analzing every skill, gem, piece of gear, etc to be the best he can. He was the world first to do the WoW Ironman Challnege (basically level 1 to 85 with just white colored gear, no partying, no heirlooms etc). And he scored the world first hardcore kill on Diablo, on Inferno difficulty (the hardest level) in Diablo 3, prior to Blizzard patching it a few days later to nerf the fight (it was extremely difficult even with great gear).

Watch his stream when he's doing PoE stuff, he breaks down an entire build he makes with spreadsheets, testing gems in game, trying to get a roadmap of what gear he needs etc Who else takes it to that level of play? Prior to the recent Default and HC wipe to legacy, he was in the top ten on the HC ladder at like level 84, all the while having only played the game a total of a couple weeks.

Some think it might be arrogant but he can back up what he says. He's not so much into pvp as he is getting the best gear and as high on the ladder as he can, he is interested in the Cut Throat league once it's released.

He was 79, and while no doubt it's an achievement, many of us in that top 20 on the old hardcore ladder could have passed him but we were making other characters( obviously he wasn't playing, but in some sense neither were we on those characters) . Kotao for example had 3 characters in the top 25 (3, 17, 24 i think)and I had 3 at 10 and 21 and 55 i believe from 1 week races etc.

I've played a fair bit with Kripp in D3 hardcore, he's currently in my WoW guild though I'm retired, and I wish people would appreciate what he does for the game, and for having an informed and well done stream. He does not deserve the invective against him but the same could be said fora lot of the adulation as well. As a "high level" player who ostensibly might play with him as I did for Goblin Farming in D3 I'm happy that his attention will make PoE better, but i personally wouldn't want to play with him anymore as he is absorbed in his stream and sometimes does not pay attention to anything other than that, which is ultimately what he is here to do. People should remember that, that ultimately he is here to make money on his stream, and that is the driving force in what goes on.

All those who hate him and post here ultimately support him with all this free advertising.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Maverickroll wrote:

Because Kripp is one hell of a min/maxer and will break a game down to it's core mechanics analzing every skill, gem, piece of gear, etc to be the best he can.

I do not disagree with you. The man invests an unholy amount of time into these things.

My point is no less valid regardless.

Why people would play a game simply because Kripp decides to is beyond me. Does the fact that Kripp plays bring more enjoyment? Or simply having the min/max done and explained to you?

To each his own, I suppose.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
nebb1234 wrote:

I dunno man, I dunno

Well most of them are common knowledge questions if you're a regular viewer of his stream. Like what PC specs does he have? How old is he? etc It's not like I formulate an opinion myself on something and construe it as his lol. Just your basic stuff like "hey kripp whats your favorite class in PoE?" which thus far would be Marauder.

I gave being helpful a go in his chat but rather quickly realised or perhaps remembered that I had quit the online social scene and would still be happily ignorant of the people on here but for the PoE community. And sure, we will probably get even more unsavoury types as time goes on, but I still believe that POE provides an environment in which people are less inclined to act as though they are somewhere else online.

Failing that belief, I have a few other tricks up my sleeve to...further encourage civil behaviour.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 25, 2012, 9:55:20 AM
"
Charan wrote:
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
nebb1234 wrote:

I dunno man, I dunno

I gave being helpful a go in his chat but rather quickly realised or perhaps remembered that I had quit the online social scene and would still be happily ignorant of the people on here but for the PoE community. And sure, we will probably get even more unsavoury types as time goes on, but I still believe that POE provides an environment in people are less inclined to act as though they are somewhere else online.

Failing that belief, I have a few other tricks up my sleeve to...further encourage civil behaviour.

Lashing O:
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
"
Charan wrote:
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
nebb1234 wrote:

I dunno man, I dunno

I gave being helpful a go in his chat but rather quickly realised or perhaps remembered that I had quit the online social scene and would still be happily ignorant of the people on here but for the PoE community. And sure, we will probably get even more unsavoury types as time goes on, but I still believe that POE provides an environment in people are less inclined to act as though they are somewhere else online.

whatever happens in the POE community, it will be a gazillion times better than LoL.... *shudder*

I have high hopes for the POE scene, its not too colourful and thinking hurts to the young ones these days... should scare 'em off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info