Like SoTN or Metroid?

Stumbled upon this on steam:

http://www.valdisstory.com/

I've played it for 10 straight hours. If you like old-school 2D games like Metroid or Castlevania, you should definitely check this out.

*edit*

Don't let the art dissuade you, I almost did myself. And also, this game was made by a very small group, music is great, it has two characters with different abilities and two more planned.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Oct 31, 2013, 11:49:04 PM
so sad nobody likes SoTN or Supermetroid.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
You sir are my newest fan. I grew up on Castlevania and Metroid. I must confess that I haven't played SoTN BUT I have indulged in Metroidmania like games. I was going to pick up Castlevania Lords of Darkness Ultimate Edition on steam yesterday but I'm too focused on PoE. I also checked out the game you were speaking of. How is it? Add me to friends list. I'm on Nemesis.
Im a huge fan of both. I cut my teeth on CastleVania2 simon's quest when I was wee'un'. Played super Metroid religiously. I never finished SotN's reverse castle but I did get pretty close. Although in recent years the sequels and follow ups to both franchises have left me rather disinterested.

Love what they are trying to do here but.. im sry Wit, that "look" is just such a turn off for me. Dosent make me want to explore this place in the least.

Thanks for the post regardless !
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Gonna check this out some time, thanks for the head's up. Super Metroid, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, and Cave Story are some of my most favorite platformers.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Thanks much for the suggestion, I added it to my wishlist, I'll probably get it when its below 10 bucks
"
Cyrenus wrote:
I haven't played SoTN

You're missing a lot, SOTN started the Metroidvania genre, other Castlevania games are actually platform games except the ones on gameboy advance which are SOTN clones.
Tech guy
"
Warrax wrote:
"
Cyrenus wrote:
I haven't played SoTN

You're missing a lot, SOTN started the Metroidvania genre, other Castlevania games are actually platform games except the ones on gameboy advance which are SOTN clones.

*points at CV2:Simon's Quest*
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
Yes, I really love both games mentioned :)

I was kind of a Super Metroid freak and unfortunately I didn't finish SoTN but played a lot of it.

I saw Valdis Story on Steam but I confess I didn't give it much attention. Now that you took your time to point it out I shall buy it as soon as it on sale ( too many games already, not that much free time).

Also, I'm currently playing Rouge Legacy and Volgarr The Viking, which are pretty good too :)

Oh and I've finished Dust, Elysian Tail too, which is a simple but beautifully done platform game.
I've been waiting for this for ages.

I played their old demo/proof-of-concept way back (you can still find it on their site), and always wanted to see it finished.

I downloaded it on steam last night, but haven't had time to play yet. Looking forward to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info