is GGG racist?

Just curious. Would you be upset if a someone that was not black use the term? If the answer is yes, then maybe you shouldn't use it either.

I would link to an old George Carlin bit about there being no bad words, only bad intentions, but I can't find it in the two minutes I looked.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Just curious. Would you be upset if a someone that was not black use the term? If the answer is yes, then maybe you shouldn't use it either.

I would link to an old George Carlin bit about there being no bad words, only bad intentions, but I can't find it in the two minutes I looked.

Nope, words dont offend me. Depends entirely on the context. There are far many worse racist things that people have actually said to me without even having to use any such word, the word means nothing without context, and racism can still exist without the use of such words based on context.

I believe everyone should be able to say whatever words they like, this makes it easier to spot those that would use such words maliciously.

And yes I agree with that quote you made from George Carlin.

I also quoted the lyrics from a Janet Jackson song in the game which had the N word and got muted for that too.

Theres also this video with Oprah and Jay Z discussing the use of the word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlC5pQkpA0A
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Nov 1, 2013, 7:36:58 PM
"
bhavv wrote:

I believe everyone should be able to say whatever words they like, this makes it easier to spot those that would use such words maliciously.

Even though I agree with the idea of free-speech and that people should use whatever words they like that's clearly a non-sequitur.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 1, 2013, 11:14:20 PM
By your logic, I suppose the AoF is a black person, which makes sense as long as you use a Marauder for that. But mine is a Templar.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

Even though I agree with the idea of free-speech and that people should use whatever words they like that's clearly a non-sequitur.

Not really, the more that stupidity is pointed at and laughed at, the fewer the people that will actually be like that.

E.G. look in America today with the right winged Christian extremism and hatred towards homosexuality. They have the freedom to hate and discriminate gays and atheists as much as they like.

The result? Younger generations in the USA today have seen an exponential growth in 'non religious' identies, and far higher acceptance of homosexuality, because they can clearly see all over the news and media how illogical and retarded the right winged opinions are.

Similarly with racism, if you fully allow people to say what they want, and let certain idiots be as racist as they want, all this does is exemplify how dumb / bad such behaviour is. With modern freedom of the press, libertarians will be picking up on such thing and creating huge controversy about them, over time this leads to far less people in future generations actually being racist as they can clearly see how stupid racism is.

On the other hand if you simply ban all kinds of hate speech, then due to a lack of exposure and discussion of such things, more kids end up becoming racist / homophobic / hateful because they dont have enough exposure to how bad such things are.

Simply telling people 'You cant say this, or you cant do that' has NEVER worked in the history of humanity, all this does is lead to more kids / adults doing what society percieves as bad due to rebelioussness, or simply a lack of understanding about such actions.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Nov 2, 2013, 12:38:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info