Rants thread

I've seen this done somewhere before and I thought we could use one here too.

The idea is to write about thing that pissed you off in/about the game today. It doesn't have to be something major, not even something that you want changed, just something that made you angry.

I will start ;
The last 5 or more maps I've run had those Merveil's Daughter type mobs (summons spawns, casts ice wave). My dps is based on Freezing Pulse, which they have resists against and since they chill me down, instead of casting 2 times a second, I cast like one pulse in 1.5 sec (that's how it feels like...). Often they were accompanied by those annoying Iceball skeletons with lmp, so trying to avoid chills was futile.

Last map I played was spiders lair, full of those mobs and in like 30% of it, FP wouldn't even work (it's so tight in there it keeps getting blocked by walls).

Then I got killed by the flicker strike boss, because the 1st of 3 whirling blades I thought I used to escape wasn't actually cast, which ended up with me standing there in place, getting my face chewed.

kthxbye.
Well, today was a good day a in PoE world.

I bought a 5link armour and finished my current build, now it one-shots stuff even more. Also I read some very informative posts all around the forum and have started a new character inspired by them.

We got to see in-game footage from act3 and it looks very nice, so that is positive too.

hmm I dont think im doing this rant thing right
kkthxbye
Don't get me wrong, I love this game ;p
Like pretty much every game that's decently hard, PoE has some irritating moments in it.
wife agro cost me my lvl 35 templar today. sight. can GGG nerf wife agro?
Same complaint as usual: Walking around, not a monster or mob in sight, get disconnected, log back in to find I died and my XP got cut despite having no idea how or why. Having that happen on a daily basis simply isn't going to be viable at higher levels.

I still don't understand why it would be so hard to have it just automatically teleport the player back to town when it's about to rubberband. At very least, it should be able to identify and prevent people dying after they have been disconnected.

[/rant]
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Same complaint as usual: Walking around, not a monster or mob in sight, get disconnected, log back in to find I died and my XP got cut despite having no idea how or why. Having that happen on a daily basis simply isn't going to be viable at higher levels.

I still don't understand why it would be so hard to have it just automatically teleport the player back to town when it's about to rubberband. At very least, it should be able to identify and prevent people dying after they have been disconnected.

[/rant]

couldnt have said it any better myself.
HugeMfka - 84 Righteous Fire Duelist - 44/346 MF 6.9k Life
DemCritsOP - 84 Reave Shadow - 71k Reave / 35k Vaal Reave
Flicker pirates/spiders + mother of desync = Frustrating death

Also, that damn snakes... D:
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
Killed off my level 20 life leech claw shadow today.

fildelitas 4 shot me with his lightning attack.

That being said, I did have mostly white defense items, so it's kidna my fault. Might keep him in default as a pvp char.

Yea, thinking back I could have killed him if I let my ES regen between hits. Oh well.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Nov 19, 2012, 1:53:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info