Izayoi Sakuya build - crit dagger STxEK (beta)

This is still a theory but got lvl 51, finally found a Cast on Critical gem and its awesome.

Anyway build (L100, dont care if I'll ever hit it, but thats the plan):

My current build (L51):

Primary gems:
Spectral Throw, Power charge on crit, cast on crit, Ethereal knives, increased Crit damage, 6th gem (not sure if I'll need Life leech or Added fire damage)

Hatred aura (and probably Purity)
Whirling Blades (for movement, /oos macro against desync is welcome)

Other generic gem combos (like summon skeleton totem or Cast on damage+cry+immortality combo)

Now in details:
Main focus of this build is on the fact that both EK and ST are projectiles and physical damage attacks, thus they have good synergy and gain a lot from +physical damage (belt + bandit reward) +projectile damage and added damage (hatred aura). With dagger and dual wield its easy to get very high crit and attack speed to get EK procs.

Why...
Ballistic mastery - Needed for EK range. ST is fine with it because its default range is further than EK anyway and we cant afford a gem slot for faster/slower projectiles.
Some passive criticals but not the others - We need global criticals so both ST and EK could crit. EK crit is lower so it wont affect it that much, where globals like power charges will affect both. Increased critical for daggers will affect both too as it will give more dps to ST and allow EK to proc more often. Skipped critical multiplier in ranger part as it'll cost too much passives to get there.
Aura passives - Hatred gives the most dps to EK and boosts ST nicely, so increasing auras is a nice investment.
Not to invest in... - Its always possible to get points out of dmg passives and go for defensive ones (there are 2 +all res nodes near the main branches and a bunch of hp nodes in ranger area) or vica versa.
No LMP? - Its useless for EK and ST cant shotgun enemies. Kiting lines enemies up nice and easy.

Progression:
Rush shadow for crits and attack speed, then go for Iron Reflexes. That'll be the end of normal and ST is more than enough to beat it. Then you need to get EK, cast on crit and power charge on crit, its more a matter of gear than build at this moment, so go for hp/dmg nodes if you need defense/offense.

Final notes:
I'll update (probably when I get to the end of merciless) and will see how it will work out. Will get info on gear by then.

Any advice or comments are welcome.

p.s. :3
Spoiler
Last edited by Vesper11 on Oct 31, 2013, 7:43:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info