Debunking a few myths about Australia

Yes it's poison.

Living in Australia you tend to build up a tolerance to most poisons as parents and teachers poison your food and drink to build up your strength. This is a way of weeding out the weak and soft, so only the strong can survive to reproduce super knife fighting kids that laugh in the face of danger that would make you run home to mommy.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I always home to mommy. She's a sweet southern belle until you piss her off, then she's a southern baptist and will kick your ass from here to next week.

Your strange land may have the most weird and dangerous creatures known to man, (Pavshaus is an Aussie too right?) but I never plan to visit. So I will flip you the bird from a very safe distance (Yes, I am a coward). Knowing that even if you decide to hunt me down, by the time your flight lands, you will have forgotten most of your secondary education, let alone remember why you got on the plane in the first place.

Spoiler
Peace out ya'll!
MoonYu don't let a few dangers put you off from visiting this wonderful, mysterious country.

Despite what you may have heard, us Aussies are a friendly bunch and great hosts. As part of a tourism push from the government, there was an emphasis on families providing certain assurances to tourists to ensure their safety, and if anything untoward should befall you then it's the duty of the hosts to notify your next of kin that your body has been given a proper burial Aussie style. Your corpse will be fed to the Crocs.

"
Vakirauta wrote:
Can somebody enlighten me about racism in the Aussieland?

They have it.

"
Vakirauta wrote:
Can somebody enlighten me about racism in the Aussieland?

If you weren't born here then you are a bloody foreigner.

If your parents weren't born here then your the child of bloody foreigners.

Foreigners are excepted into society as long as they can speak the language, eat the local food, play the local sports (this is more important than most people would figure), be able to recite the words to the Men At Work Song - Land Down Under, be able to tell the sex of a crocodile by inserting your thumb up its ass.

Aussies by nature aren't really racists, we laugh at everyone who is different or the same as us.

Ironically, the majority of Racism stems from Migrants VS other Migrants I believe.

And the "Australians hate foreigners" that people think goes on thank to the Cronulla Riots is not at all common.

My personal experience as a European Migrant to Australia is:
Aussies are interested in my background and joke about how Australian I am based on how much Vegimite I can put on toast and how well I know AFL/Rugby/Cricket.
Other migrants tend to disassociate with me because I am not of their Heritage and there is some ancient European Beef that they cant let go of.

The non Australian friends that I have, are actually very "Australianised", in that they adopted Australian culture over the more Traditional culture from where they originated, and as a result are more open to foreigner and Australians.

I felt this the most when an Asian friend of mine was no longer friends with me, or any of our little group in High School because his parents told him he should have Asian friends, so that's what he did.
A girlfriend also had to stop dating me because she was Asian and I was not.

Where as my now Wife's Parents (white as Milk Australians) had no problem with my Olive skin when I first met them, instead they wanted to know more about how it was living in a different country and my experience in Australia.

I also experience true Racism in Germany, and Romania when I lived there.
In Germany because I was Romanian (50/50 German-Romanian), in Romania when I went to visit for a while because I was... wait for it "Australian".

Australia, truly is the best country I have been in out of:
Germany, Holland, France, Romania, Kuwait, Iraq, America, Canada, East Timor, Greece and I've visited some other places for less than a Year so it's hard to say, NZ was VERY nice for the month I was there... I met many girls from all around the world and we exchanged cultures, huehuehue... the same goes for Canada, girls in Canada were very open to the idea of discovering a bit about Australia >=).

I am sure there are many more tolerant places than Australia. But I honestly don't believe that the Average Australian has any Racist inclinations.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Last edited by Velocireptile on Nov 11, 2013, 6:15:17 PM
Please stop using facts and logic. I prefer my misunderstandings to be both uninformed and illogical. You know, Hardlicker.
Let me talk you through another fun fact about Australia. We as Aussies are mad Cricket fans. For those who don't know what Cricket is , it's kinda like baseball but played in the middle of an oval and it takes longer to play.

A lot longer to play. Five full days in fact and it's still possible to get no result. Cricket goes hand in hand with another great Aussie pastime, drinking beer. The cricket goes for about 7 hours a day, for 5 days so that's about enough time to drink 125 cans of beer, eat 17 meat pies and get to take up a dare from your mates to streak naked across the ground at least once.

I <3 Test Cricket. Not that we win shit ever (NZ).

Isn't your closest neighbour north? PNG or Indonesia/Timor.

We tested it extensively
Necro_Ninja Bump!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info