Debunking a few myths about Australia

I found a website about this weird place you claim really exists. It was all about your destruction of the once beautiful English language. I must say your slang is both colorful and really I got nothing else.

Wicked pissuah!
Originally published in National Lampoon magazine in the 1970s, this is, quite possibly, the most offensive collection of national characterizations, ever:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/t-506860.html

...And I dare anyone reading it to say it didn't make them laugh, at least a little. I was gonna post the section on Australians, but I dun want to be put on a lengthy probation.

Read at your own risk! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I miss National Lampoon. Used to read all the time. P.J. O'Rourke us a great writer and I highly recommend his books.
Australians = everyone looks and dresses and acts like Crocodile Dundee
New Zealand = is full of Hobbits

true story

Last edited by derbefrier on Nov 4, 2013, 2:47:48 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Originally published in National Lampoon magazine in the 1970s, this is, quite possibly, the most offensive collection of national characterizations, ever:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/t-506860.html

...And I dare anyone reading it to say it didn't make them laugh, at least a little. I was gonna post the section on Australians, but I dun want to be put on a lengthy probation.

Read at your own risk! =^[.]^=

I read it and must confess to laughter. Great link.

Another common misconception is that Australians have murdered the English language.
This is false. The English can't even speak the English language never mind the American version of it. We Australians have made the language work for us.

For instance: To describe having more than one of anything can be considered as having shit loads of them. Don't ask what shit loads actually means as that's not really important, what is, is that it means more than one. We have shit loads of words that mean more than one.

When Great Uncle Kelly came back from the shops, he had ________ of them in the trunk.

Substitute any of the following words in the blank space:

Tonnes
Acres
Heaps
Loads
Piles

In Australian, all those words mean more than one. There are heaps of others that I can't recollect right now.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Thanks a shit ton.

Just remembered why I always hated crocodile dundee.

My father was born in Dundee Scotland. And he went to the University of Florida. Also known as the Gators. Hence Gator Dundee. They ripped off his life story and
Perverted to some sort of Aussie fable!
LOL!

Just took one of my Pet Kangaroos to get Vaccinated, when he pissed he missed the Toilet COMPLETELY. So they put a nappy on him!

Look at the shame in his eyes!

You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
That little killer is so cute. I notice that he hasn't developed his razor claws as yet or the vampire teeth but he is only a wee little joey at this stage.

In all seriousness though, he is adorable.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Where are the wings? I thought everything in Aussie land could fly? Or was that poison you? I can't ever keep the two straight.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Where are the wings? I thought everything in Aussie land could fly? Or was that poison you? I can't ever keep the two straight.

Its Poison. Everything is Poison.

You could see the two Poison Glands in his feet if they weren't bandaged.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info