One week of release and 1.0.1 Support Gem teaser

Empower add level to gem

will Enhance will increase effect of the gem ?

Hope will see soon :)

@Chris

I would like see something like a "gem" creator or "gem" fusing system coming...

let say
[ ] gem want be fusionned
[ ] [ ] [ ] gems to fusion with
[ ] orb of fusing x 10 + (additioned level of the gems fusionned*)
then
if you put a
Fireball lvl 5
LMP lvl 5
20 fuses
you get a LMP Fireball lvl 1
all bonuses and penalty are applied directly
mana cost increased of course.

But I just dream
Onslaught.
"
"
t_golgari wrote:
1.: That guy probably played for 20 hours. Even without endgame, that is enough to know a lot about game mechanics and the overall quality. Maybe he watched Kripps stream.

2.: I am totally aware of the listed negatives. And I would still not dock more that 0.5 either, because the negatives are totally outweighed by the many, many advantages the game has.

3.: The people reading this do not know these facts. They are reading it in a magazine that has a totally different readership than the average website PoE advertising usually runs on. And they are reading a very positive review.

4.: It probably cost zero money.

So, in all: Nothing to bitch about.
1. The guy did not remotely fully experience the game. There is a significant difference in what you experience after your mid 50s. He conveniently stopped at just the right time. This was the biggest complaint about all the bullshit D3 reviews.

2. Really no way around it. Only a fanboy would think negatives that serious are only worth .5.

3. You're basically saying that the readers of that site are ignorant, as if that excuses how ignorant the review is. Forbes is misleading its readers. Who cares right?

4. Not sure what this means. Are you suggesting that D3 reviews were all payed for? Is it not possible the PoE review was simply done poorly just like the D3 ones?

Nothing to bitch about, unless you have any kind of standards for how reviews are done or how gamers are treated.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Wow, what a great, balanced review,
How can the review be "balanced" if he didn't even get past 54?
"
Too bad some of "pro" sites don't do as well.
So the known pro sites that aren't giving the game scores as high are doing it wrong, and Forbes of all sites got it right because it ignorantly slapped down a 9.5. Now thats mind blowing.

I don't understand how any self respecting game developer could look at such an ignorant review and be proud of it.

Damn, you must hate this game so much. I understand that it's kinda stupid that they didn't experience the "real" endgame, but as I said - I doubt they have 100+ hours to dump on one character just for a review. One thing you can't argue in that review - this is the best ARPG at the moment and I think that most of that review actually can prepare new players with what they will experience in the game in 1st week or two of playing, because mostly first 2-3 new players builds will suck and they won't even get past cruel. About the endgame - yes, there are some things that need to be solved, but after the new patch, I am less concerned about that, as I feel GGG is going in the right direction. Stop hating, brah.
IGN Macesaremanttofly
"
"
Chris wrote:
We were blown away by the response to the game
That review is a joke. Not surprising considering its on forbes. The guy didn't even get close to endgame. On top of that he listed multiple big negatives, but some how only managed to dock .5.

"
*Review disclosure: This review was assembled from Path of Exile gameplay with a level 54 Standard League Marauder and a level 46 Nemesis League Scion. Characters were played from level 1 with no assistance.
It was "reviewed" the exact same way Diablo 3 was. How can a joke of a review "blow you away"?

Some people love to be negative about everything. I prefer people like Chris :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
So the known pro sites that aren't giving the game scores as high are doing it wrong, and Forbes of all sites got it right because it ignorantly slapped down a 9.5. Now thats mind blowing.
By your standards, there isn't a single valid review out there for Path of Exile because no reviewers have played the game for hundreds of hours. As far as I can tell, this Forbes reviewer spent more time playing the game than any of the other reviewers. At least this guy was able to experience all 3 acts of the released game.

The only reviewer to give this game below an 8/10 is Eurogamer, and it's fairly obvious that they didn't beat normal difficulty (or even act 2). I don't think they even played release at all because all of the pictures they used were from open beta. There's something to be said about a game not being able to hold someones attention for more than a few hours, but there's also something to be said about lazy journalism.

The Eurogamer review is clearly the result of lazy journalism. The reviewer played the game for an extremely brief amount of time and then lied to give the impression that he had played it for longer. The Forbes reviewer, on the other hand, at least experienced the story content. I think the Forbes video game review system is set up in a way to inflate review scores (even more so than the rest of the video game journalists), but that's a separate issue.
This game was better than any other arpg even during closed beta IMO. Now that its polished its no less impressive and just as addicting. Not too happy with the aura nerf however. My witch can only rock 2 out of my 3 auras now rendering her defense nearly obsolete. Time to redo my lvl 84 caster.

Also...
Spoiler
I am not sure if you forgo your chance to rescue the Scion if you are able to and do start with the Scion in Domination League. I could be dense but I did not find her in the Scepter when searching with mine while assuming the content would still be there.

I was hoping that the creature lvls would increase with the new content as well and was slightly disappointed when I found out that wasn't the case. Although if you keep releasing new content and I'll keep infernal blowing your Hairy Bone Chewers! Promise.

BTW thanks for nerfing Caliga's spun out lighting roid rager, he's still fun. And the Dominus fight is just god damn impressive! Good Job friends at GGG, now please let the RNG drop just 1 Divine for me.
RxOvErDoSe
The Forbes guy didn't even experience some great features like races, PvP or the build diversity :) The 'full experience' goes both ways.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ckay27 wrote:
"
Kaysee wrote:
Yep, a few misguided posts above.

Empower already adds + Levels to all linked gems both Active Skills and Support Skills. Empower also has exactly the same tooltip as Enhance:

Spoiler

My guess is that "Enhance" will increase the effects of linked gems by a certain %.

Agree with this theory.

Wow, how on earth are we going to get enough sockets to fit all of our actives,auras,triggers and not enchance? will there ever be item with 8 sockets?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
My bet is 'Enhance' will only affect Buffs and Auras.
Team Won
"
ckay27 wrote:
Enhance, Empower, now what will the blue be called/do? =D

Entropy... just a guess.
Actually, let’s go a step further – Path of Exile is the best f#@king ARPG title on the market today!
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info