Reclaimed wood project (Updated)

Done!

Suffered only a cut right thumb and smashed to heck left index finger. Could have been worse.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Last edited by txfirefighter on Nov 7, 2013, 10:48:40 PM
This arouses me
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
wait until its finished.
Not measuring e-peen. Just sharing a cool common interest :D

My first Pallet recycling.

Didn't have a plan, just wanted to make a box to keep tools in.
100% Pallet, except the rope and nails which I purchased.

This bad boy was then coated in Stain/Oil? (im a noob at this) it soaked in and now its weather proof. But its not glossy.

A usual Haul.

Current project:

The legs and base are old fence posts.
The top is a Water Bed I got for free on GumTree (Australian online trading post thing)
In the middle there will be succulents. It's a bar table for my sister in law that just moved out, she's a bit of a green thumb (theres old PVC pipe in the middle cut out)

Sorry I don't have better progress photos, these are just pics I took when someone wanted to see where I was up to.

You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
I am so jealous. I haven't touched my tools in two years due to working nights.

Soon I'all be back in days, but winter is coming and I don't have room in the house to work on projects. So another six months of wishful thinking.
I hope you are aware of the dangers of reclaimed wood, a lot of pallets have dangerous treatments done to them and are unsuitable for reuse.

wikipedia quote:
"
HT is the code for heat treatment to a minimum of 56°C (133°F) for a minimum of 30 minutes
MB is the code for methyl bromide fumigation.

Watch out for MB, never use pallets without the IPPC logo, always wear a mask or respirator when woodworking.

Edit: I can see in the first picture that your coffee table was heat treated, but believe me that some of those pallets are non-recyclable garbage.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 31, 2013, 5:48:56 AM

Another project. Cedar side table. Also have a horse trough planter box but its hidden so I couldn't take a pic.

So thats what the HT meant.

Any other way to tell if one is treated with the chemical?

Great pics everyone! This is a new hobby for me and these are fun to look at and get ideas from.
A few friends an I built a greenhouse completely out of recycled pallets, it was pretty awesome.

I can make this
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

I can make this

You sure are the arteest!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info