CI Perma Freeze Totem Build

Hey guys, I dont care about which character but since Scion is new I just wanted to make this build for it, as you can see the passives go to shadow and witch starting points so you can do this build with all three. The aim is to basically perma freeze everything and since you will be weak, let your totems take the damage.

(Ofcourse you will not have the max passives so you can leave some damage and crit nodes to the last, also you can play around the build according to your gear, giving up some es nodes to get more crit, spell dmg or cast speed etc...)

HOW THE BUILD WORKS
Since totems can't get any power charges I didn't take Ancestral Bond.I think this also adds to the fun. Cast your totems, curses. Use your diamond flask then spam ice spear with power charge on crit. As you get more power charges, your totems will deal more critical strikes. (No need to re-cast the totems.)

Bandit rewards;
Normal: Skill Point
Cruel : Skill Point
Merc : Power Charge

THE USE OF UNIQUES

Soul Mantle(chest); Get it when you can, very big dps increase.

Void Battery (wand); Void battery is expensive but you can have 8 power charges with void battery and that will give you +%140 spell damage. (Not even mentioning crit chance and cast speed bonuses)

Windscream(boots) or Doedre's Damning(ring); So you can apply 1 additional curse, also not necessary but very helpful.

The Taming(ring); Great resists, damage boost and chance to freeze. Perfect for the build.

Voidbringer(gloves); Really good if you can manage your mana.

Rathpith Globe(shield); A decent shield for this build.

Rime Gaze(Helm); Good for putting your trap gems in it.

***You can use Void Battery and a shield or Void Battery and another high spell damage wand according to your gear and playsyle OR swap between shield and wand according to the difficulty of the map.***

SKILLS / LINKS

Freezing Pulse + LMP + Faster Casting+ Crit Damage + Crit Chance + Cold Penetration
(Till you get a Soul Mantle, you can just swap a Spell Totem with Crit Damage/Chance.)

Ice Spear + LMP + Power Charge on Crit + Faster Casting or Critical Chance

Bloodrage, since you have CI, bloodrage has no downside. 15% cast speed is pretty good and you will be sharing those with the party too.

**You can link Cast on Damage Taken with Molten Shell and Enduring Cry for a little more survivability if you feel you need some more survivability.**

Traps;
I suppose you can link Bear Trap + Added Fire + Culling Strike + Rarity?

(I need some advice on trap links and freeze mine.)

Curses;
For dps, use Frostbite, if in party with other elemental damage players use Elemental Weakness and for soloing with totems while not critting much in the early game, you can use Temporal Chains.

Auras;
Discipline Purity Haste Clarity
You can use 1 or more of these auras according to your gear, resists and mana. I dont think it's worth spending passives on aura nodes(but if you think it's worth it, they are right next to "highways"). If you can manage your mana, I'd reccomend using clarity and haste for dps.

Leveling;
I have not posted a leveling passive build or an actual leveling guide for this build but general idea is get some hp in early game and then respec into CI at around 50-60 when you have the needed ES gear.

The build is not complete yet and I will keep updating it.

Note: I have started the game recently and currently have a tank maruader in HC at lvl 78. This is my first build that is my own and I don't have much experience and knowledge about casters. But other totem builds didn't seem right so I made this.

So please let me know what you think of this build and please leave a comment if you have any suggestions about skills, supports, uniques and anything else in general. :)

I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed making it.
IGN: Quantin
Steam: Testy31
Last edited by mukavva on Oct 31, 2013, 3:54:53 PM
if i remember you can't use twice the same unique item, so only 1 void battery
"
DarKSholFp wrote:
if i remember you can't use twice the same unique item, so only 1 void battery

Sorry, I didn't know that. Updated the build.
Would appreciate some help with traps, minions, and cast on crit gem.
bumping for suggestions
Totems don't provide charges........ Start over.
"
Gorrim wrote:
Totems don't provide charges........ Start over.

Well... fuck me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info