2H Spectral Throw Build Single Target?

"
Caliga's burst damage was worse than Dominus when I cleared Normal, although that was pre-nerf.

But yeah, I feel you - you can use Warlord's Mark to help a bit though.

That would require a WM gem...
"
shoju wrote:
"
Caliga's burst damage was worse than Dominus when I cleared Normal, although that was pre-nerf.

Well, no kidding... but that WAS a quest reward option :)
"
"
shoju wrote:
"

Well, no kidding... but that WAS a quest reward option :)

Yeah, and I don't remember what I took, but I took something else. Proj Weakness I think?
About ST Shotgun: It partly DOES shotgun, but it's pretty strange - when enemy get's hit by any projectile, it becomes immune to all projectiles from that attack for a fraction of a second. He can get hit by another projectile after that time (unless he's hit by the first projectile before that ofc).

About single target DPS for ST Builds: I use projectile. Depending on positioning you can hit same target 5 times with a single ST (If it turns back right behind your target). That's 5*60% =300% damage effectiveness. In normal scenerio it hits 2-3 times. That's (2+3)/2*60%=150% damage effectiveness on average (Assuming no LMP/GMP is used).

About Caliga. I lost my first Nemesis char to her (pre-nerf). 2nd time I fought her I found out following trick: use smoke mine in another room, enter her room while keeping LOS to your smoke mine, attack her till she detonates all her traps, detonate your smoke mine to get away<rinse and repeat>. That made fight pretty easy.
The reason people use double strike because it strikes twice! It might not be the most damage but it counts twice for support gems, life steal, life leech, mana leech and things of that nature! It is 1 attack that double procs things! And if people are using do this on crit stuff it has a second chance to do so! Heavy strike is good but double strike is how people survive!
"
blargplean wrote:
The reason people use double strike because it strikes twice! It might not be the most damage but it counts twice for support gems, life steal, life leech, mana leech and things of that nature! It is 1 attack that double procs things! And if people are using do this on crit stuff it has a second chance to do so! Heavy strike is good but double strike is how people survive!

This makes no sense at all. Life / Mana Leech work off of the damage dealt, so it will not help with healing more or faster. I'm pretty sure LGoH scales with Damage Effectiveness as well.

There are reasons to use Double Strike in builds that are based around Crit Procs, but the Spectral Throw builds I'm referencing use Resolute Technique so that's also irrelevant.

"
Scol91 wrote:
About ST Shotgun: It partly DOES shotgun, but it's pretty strange - when enemy get's hit by any projectile, it becomes immune to all projectiles from that attack for a fraction of a second. He can get hit by another projectile after that time (unless he's hit by the first projectile before that ofc).

About single target DPS for ST Builds: I use projectile. Depending on positioning you can hit same target 5 times with a single ST (If it turns back right behind your target). That's 5*60% =300% damage effectiveness. In normal scenerio it hits 2-3 times. That's (2+3)/2*60%=150% damage effectiveness on average (Assuming no LMP/GMP is used).

About Caliga. I lost my first Nemesis char to her (pre-nerf). 2nd time I fought her I found out following trick: use smoke mine in another room, enter her room while keeping LOS to your smoke mine, attack her till she detonates all her traps, detonate your smoke mine to get away<rinse and repeat>. That made fight pretty easy.

Do you have a second ST gem for single target? Also I still think this is suboptimal damage-wise, cuz you lose out on a couple of damage boosting supports like Multistrike and Melee Physical.
bump - still looking for an opinion why double strike is popular?
No knockback, double proc on Life on hit. And of course, you hit like a ninja. Thats why i use it.
I guess the knockback is the primary reason then? Since I don't see most of these builds using LGoH, at least not in Merciless.

I can see the knockback being annoying in some cases, but at least if you get Master of the Arena I'm able to hit on all three hits against the same target of a Multistrike, so it's working fine for me so far. And the Stun is quite useful against Voidbearers :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info