0.9.13e Patch Notes

Me too.

Also, some people in games never realize that changes that do bring a new kind of dynamic do not necessarily have to be "balanced" in relation to what has been before. If parties are buffed a lot now then this is the new dynamic of the game and stands in no perspective to what once was. The important part is that boosting has been removed for xp (and hopefully loot will follow the same steps soon). The rest is just a proccess of getting used to by the playerbase and that makes people complain by default, because that is just like gamers (people?) are.

Especially those that exploited the system. As HornedRat pointed out they will find a way to justify their former exploiting as being the right thing to do and the fixes being an unnecessary evil.
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
davros70 wrote:
I'm getting a 298.78kb patch every time I start the game client since this patch.

Not a big deal, just seems odd.
Same here. Seems bugged.

Me too.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Burgingham:
...The important part is that boosting has been removed for xp (and hopefully loot will follow the same steps soon).

So you want GGG to reduce either the quality and/or quantity of loot dropped??? 98% of the time white crap drops - especially from rare, large chests and you want them to increase this ratio??? Also, I'm not sure as to why the large chests are "rare." Only garbage falls from them 98% of the time, so this is still confusing to me. Also, I'm also curious as to why lvl 8 loot would drop in Act II of Normal mode. Seems to me that the loot tables weren't done very well. I find low lvl garbage falling in higher lvl areas. Is there some type of "logic" to this and if so, what is it? When I play in a higher lvl area, I'd like to find area appropriate lvl stuff, even though 98% of it is garbage but still...

The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
That is not what I said. I was talking about boosting to get more loot.

On your thoughts though I cannot say that I see the same problem. PoE is one of the most generous games in terms of loot reward I have ever played.
Played in a party of 4/5 for a few hours last night in the new turbo league. Couldn't tell that much of a difference in leveling speed, it felt a little slower without boosting I guess. Currency/orb drops seemed about right.

The quest boss drops seemed really lacking for a party in a couple cases. Nearly all my gear dropped off rare mobs, except for rings/amulets which I vendored. I think I saw just one rare ring drop across the entire party. I played up until level 30 cruel prison.

Sometimes bosses explode into a pile of loot that goes off the screen, but they are usually crap items in which I may grab a new flask, an ID scroll, and a blue item if I didn't have one already. I actually can't remember the last time a quest boss actually dropped a decent piece of gear for me when in a big party.

Then again other times, bosses die giving seemingly the number of drops that just a solo player would get. The Weaver I think dropped a few whites and a couple worthless blues. This is hugely disappointing in a large party where everyone is starving for any piece of decent gear, at the beginning of a race. Even just 1 rare (of ilvl) for a full party? It's usually total garbage that drops.

My party suggestions, summarized: (for full parties)
1. fix those times when bosses drop at most 5 items
2. reduce the number of items dropped when bosses explode into 30+ items
3. instead, improve the quality of the boss drops instead of 30+ useless items

There is so much loot sometimes it breaks the item labels, and you have to toggle Z key to hide/show again to fix it. Even still sometimes there's so much loot it goes off the screen. Nearly always it is left and at most a couple somewhat decent items come out of it for an entire party.

I guess the flip side of all this is you don't want 1 person soloing up to a boss, then 6 people jumping in and farming the boss for guaranteed good loot. But still, some tweaks are in order for sure.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Nov 14, 2012, 11:43:40 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
davros70 wrote:
I'm getting a 298.78kb patch every time I start the game client since this patch.

Not a big deal, just seems odd.
Same here. Seems bugged.

Me too.

Has now cleared up.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
Burgingham:
PoE is one of the most generous games in terms of loot reward I have ever played.

Right... if what drops is pure crap; read some of the other posts/complaints. Mostly whites, useless blues and some scrolls drop. WHERE ARE THE BOSS DROPS???!!!! WHERE ARE THE RARE DROPS FROM THE "RARE" SPAWN CHESTS???!!! I seriously believe there is a MAJOR issue with the loot tables. As I previously posted, why the hell should a lvl 8 white item drop in Act II of Normal mode???
You don't have to get so aggresive towards me for that. I told you my initial comment was about something entirely different. The topic at hand is boosting and that I want to see gone.

I personally carry 2 or 3 inventories full of rares out of every map though, dropping at least one if not more uniques a day etc. I really do not see the issue here. Also, white items can be quite useful for crafting.
Last edited by Burgingham on Nov 14, 2012, 4:25:52 PM
"
Burgingham wrote:
You don't have to get so aggresive towards me for that. I told you my initial comment was about something entirely different. The topic at hand is boosting and that I want to see gone.

I personally carry 2 or 3 inventories full of rares out of every map though, dropping at least one if not more uniques a day etc. I really do not see the issue here. Also, white items can be quite useful for crafting.

We aren't talking about maps, we're talking about act 1/2 quest bosses.

The boss drops are often broken for parties, and it is extremely punishing.

This is a problem that has been around for a while, and needs addressing.

I think it has to do with how many party members are in the instance at the time the boss is either first attacked, or defeated, but there is something awry because even with everyone there the whole time, sometimes it drops adequate loot, and sometimes it drops like 5 items.

Try it out sometime. It was 50/50 for me in this patch.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Nov 14, 2012, 4:55:27 PM
"
Burgingham:
You don't have to get so aggresive towards me for that.

I wasn't being aggressive with you. I was voicing an important question that we ALL should be asking. "WHERE ARE THE BOSS DROPS???!!!! & WHERE ARE THE RARE DROPS FROM THE "RARE" SPAWN CHESTS???!!!"

I think these are valid questions to be asking. And Um yes, white items can be useful in crafting but if you're a lvl 25-30, a lvl 8 white item isn't going to do jack shit for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info