0.9.13e Patch Notes

"
MrDDT wrote:
This is true IF the party is efficient, however, due to the low HP of mobs I suspect that the best teams will likely be 2 or 3 man groups.
This was true before and now the exp gain is even higher. The effective rate at which a 6 man party can gain exp is higher now than before (350% hp on mobs, 70.8% exp per party member before; 350% hp on mobs, 100% exp per party member now). Was the "uber party" essentially boosting/cheating their way to the top in races? If not, then it's pretty obvious that they just got a HUGE buff.

Does a party need to be efficient to outperform a solo player? Yes. Does it need to be as efficient as before? No. In a 3 or 4 hour race, this is huge.
"
MrDDT wrote:
I believe that solo play will still be valid however, good small groups will likely be the best over all. Maybe even boosted groups of 3 players +3 boosters for IIQ/IIR.
Assuming you can get 6 quality players, a full 6 man team will be best for the same reason it was before, because the mob hp:exp rate increases more in a full party than it does in a small party. In a 2 man party, the mob has 150% hp, but gives out 100%x2 exp. A 150:200 ratio. All the way up to 350:600% in a full party. That's ~71.4% more efficient than a solo party. To think that solo is still "viable" is hilarious. A 6 man party with mediocre coordination will trounce a solo party if all players are equally skilled.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It was 195% before for two people, not 165%. It's now the equivalent of 200%. For two person parties there's almost no difference. There is a more noticable difference for six person parties, though of course it's hard for every kill to have everyone in range.
No it wasn't. I, and others tested this, it may have been intended to be 195% (the mechanics thread description implies it was) but the actual gained exp per additional party member was 165% of base exp for that mob. Ask MrDDT. Ask Panda. Those who tested this know. You just uber-buffed parties, and you don't even realize it. :p

This was simple to test. Kill a mob solo, check the exp gained, bring in booster, wander away from booster so you receive all exp, kill the same mob, receive 65% more exp for each booster.

If that's the case then that was a bug that I was not aware of. Do you know if it was reported?

The new values are indeed a buff to larger parties, but due to the simultaneous removal of the bug that you describe, are indeed also a buff to smaller parties.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 13, 2012, 5:11:08 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
It was 195% before for two people, not 165%. It's now the equivalent of 200%. For two person parties there's almost no difference. There is a more noticable difference for six person parties, though of course it's hard for every kill to have everyone in range.
No it wasn't. I, and others tested this, it may have been intended to be 195% (the mechanics thread description implies it was) but the actual gained exp per additional party member was 165% of base exp for that mob. Ask MrDDT. Ask Panda. Those who tested this know. You just uber-buffed parties, and you don't even realize it. :p

This was simple to test. Kill a mob solo, check the exp gained, bring in booster, wander away from booster so you receive all exp, kill the same mob, receive 65% more exp for each booster.

If that's the case then that was a bug that I was not aware of. Do you know if it was reported?

The new values are indeed a buff to larger parties, but due to the simultaneous removal of the bug that you describe, are indeed also a buff to smaller parties.

let's think about that bolded bit, shall we?
(tongue in cheek mode activated.)"But...don't you know we players are at WAR with you devs?! We're not going to tell you these things! You're meant to find them for yourself, and until you do, we'll just enjoy your mess-up and maybe bitch about it in chat. Muahahaha. And you thought we were beta testers and that we actually wanted to help you make this game better. Oh, ye fools."

on the other hand...
"...if we bitch about it in front of a mod, maybe he'll pass the word on for us."

I'm just glad something was done. One less incendiary topic requiring soothing and monitoring.

Next.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 13, 2012, 5:46:26 PM
"
Chris wrote:

It was reported in the Mechanics thread, but I assumed it was an error with the translation of how it should work rather than an error in the implementation of it. I guess I like to give the programmers the benefit of the doubt, being one and all... ;)

Keep up the good work, regardless!

EDIT:

Also, +1 the Charan. ;)
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 13, 2012, 5:40:59 PM
When does the falloff start happening for characters of a different level? Does it start getting detrimental at a 5 level difference? 10? 15?
"
DemonicGoblin wrote:
When does the falloff start happening for characters of a different level? Does it start getting detrimental at a 5 level difference? 10? 15?

"
Effect of level on experience
Level also affects the amount of XP you gain from killing enemies. There are two penalties that are applied, one when in a party, and another based on the relative level of the player and monsters. Both of these are applied at the same time if you are both in a party, and too far above or below the monster level.

The multiplier for XP while in a party is players share (Level+10)^2.71 divided by the total of all players shares. For example, if a level 10 player was partied with a level 30 player:

Level 10 player's share: (10+10)^2.71 = 3355
Level 30 player's share: (30+10)^2.71 = 21957
Total Shares: 3356 + 21957 = 25313

Level 10 player would receive: 3355/25313 = 0.132 = 13.2% of the XP
Level 30 player would receive: 21957/25313 = 0.867 = 86.7% of the XP

The player also suffers a penalty to XP if they are too far above or below the monster's level. There is a safe level range where no penalty is applied, which is equal to three, plus one for every sixteen complete player levels. Any additional level difference in excess of this safe range is called the Effective Difference.

The formula then applied is:
((PlayerLevel +5)^1.5) / ((PlayerLevel+5+(EffectiveDifference^2.5))^1.5)

So a level 24 character has a safe band of 3+1=4 levels. So from Monster level 20 to 28, there is an effective level difference of 0. At Monster Levels 19 and 29, the Effective level difference is 1. The Effective Difference matters in either direction.
Here are graphs of the experience multiplier by monster level and by effective level.

Effect of level on currency item drops
See the drop rates section above for details on how level affects currency item drops.

That should give you the details.

TL:DR
Depends on level. Higher level, bigger gap you can have.
"
Vidorr wrote:
I really don't see what the big deal is here. It just makes the choice of partying a little simpler.

Do you want to play with other players?
Yes: Join a party and kill as a member of the group.
No: Play Solo.

It takes out the "I want to get extra experience from being in a party" reason for grouping.
It might even make partying more social and less likely to feel like a business arrangement. I'm looking forward to this being even more true when/if the party loot booting gets adjusted in a future patch.

+1
"
Vidorr wrote:
I really don't see what the big deal is here. It just makes the choice of partying a little simpler.

Do you want to play with other players?
Yes: Join a party and kill as a member of the group.
No: Play Solo.

It takes out the "I want to get extra experience from being in a party" reason for grouping.
It might even make partying more social and less likely to feel like a business arrangement. I'm looking forward to this being even more true when/if the party loot booting gets adjusted in a future patch.
Is it fair if being in a party means 70%+ faster exp gain than soloing? Seems like playing solo gets the shaft pretty hard there. It seems like this massive buff to party play is a ploy to encourage partying since the loot is such fail and only chases people away. They've got to try something to get people to believe the loot distribution isn't crap.

Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 13, 2012, 10:09:31 PM
I'm getting a 298.78kb patch every time I start the game client since this patch.

Not a big deal, just seems odd.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
davros70 wrote:
I'm getting a 298.78kb patch every time I start the game client since this patch.

Not a big deal, just seems odd.
Same here. Seems bugged.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info