[1.0.0] Spectral Throw 2-Hand sword build

Explanation:
This is essentially Kripparian's ranger build; the differences are quite minimal, however I could not find (see?) it posted anywhere else on the scion forums, and it being a very strong, easy to use and good beginner build thought it would be worth posting. Having played a dozen characters across various leagues I can say without a doubt that this build is both easy to play, rewarding, and fun.

Video!
Spoiler
Piety Run @ level 66 with sub-optimal gear
http://youtu.be/gl-9glCcr4A

1-30 points

30-50 points

Level 66 build:

Level 86 build:

Strengths
+High life/armour
+High Damage
+Easy to gear for -
evasion OR armour gear is usable thanks to IR, meaning getting the right socket colourings is VERY easy to deal with)
+Minimal stats needed from items -
It has high dex/str meaning you won't be stuggling to level double-strike (for example) if you go a high-strength variant instead
+Tonnes of weapon damage nodes

Weaknesses
+Requires a good 2-hander sword, effectively limiting you from any other weapon choices meaning it's marginally harder to gear for.
+No block or other % based mitigation
+Moderate regeneration abilities

Skill Gem Combinations
Spoiler
These are suggestions only, many of the red gems can be interchanged with things such as added fire / melee physical / multi-strike, depending on your gear/stage of your build, results will vary.

Single-target damage gem links:
+Double-strike
+Melee Physical
+Blood Magic
+Weapon Elemental Damage

Area of effect damage gem links:
+Spectral Throw
+Blood Magic
+Added Fire Damage
+Weapon Elemental Damage
+Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Defensive gem links:
+Cast When Damage Taken
+Molten Shell
+Enduring Cry
+Enfeeble

Aura gem Links
+Grace
+Hatred
+Reduced Mana

Example Itemization
(My character on domination league)
Spoiler

Auras
+Grace
+Hatred
Using mana reduce gem, this will reserver ~98% of your mana meaning blood-magic gem is required for your melee

Bandits
+40 HP
+18% Physical Damage
+Enduring Cry charge or Skill Point

Questions / Critiques / Suggestions Welcome!
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Nov 6, 2013, 5:41:22 PM
Added piety run video
I'm newbie and i want to make a new character using this build. Can you make passive skill tree with ~40-50 invested points, please? Are there any uniques which will make leveling this build fast and easy? Thx for help.
Dying to try this out, but as a newbie the passive tree looks a lil daunting, is it possible if you could split it up? Like 1-20 20-40 etc. Other than that tho this is really easy to understand.

EDIT: Do we level all gems to max? or certain level perhaps?
Last edited by OneZeroNine on Nov 6, 2013, 8:08:39 AM
"
Dying to try this out, but as a newbie the passive tree looks a lil daunting, is it possible if you could split it up? Like 1-20 20-40 etc. Other than that tho this is really easy to understand.

EDIT: Do we level all gems to max? or certain level perhaps?

added 30 and 50 point builds. Of all the gems used in the build, the only gem that you shouldn't be leveling up would be Cast on Damage Taken.
Hey! Thanks for the Guide.

I am level20 now, but got a Problem: I have no dex!!! You say, that there are minimal stats needed on items.. but I see no dex passives. So how to get dex, which I need for spectral throw itself to level?

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by buggedGA on Nov 7, 2013, 2:10:08 PM
"
buggedGA wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the Guide.

I am level20 now, but got a Problem: I have no dex!!! You say, that there are minimal stats needed on items.. but I see no dex passives. So how to get dex, which I need for spectral throw itself to level?

Thanks in Advance.

There's a 30 dex node you can pick up on the way to Iron Grip (on the right of it). If you're in need of dex, start heading over to the right-hand-side of the tree earlier.
Last edited by Zeekin on Nov 8, 2013, 4:19:04 AM
Oh didnt see it! Thank you very much! :)
Is this build still viable in 1.0.2? I am new to the game and there are a few different variants for a ST scion. I'm just not sure which to go with.
"
Is this build still viable in 1.0.2? I am new to the game and there are a few different variants for a ST scion. I'm just not sure which to go with.

Totally viable. I have been using almost this identical build with great success. I am lvl 83 and have 3.6k DPS on the tooltip.

I have a 5 link: Spectral Throw > LMP > Added Fire > Life Leech > Weapon Ele Dmg

I don't run blood magic because I have 6% mana leech from items, which is enough to for me despite having 80% of my mana reserved due to dual auras.

Hope this helps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info