Lag

The issues you are describing might be due to desyncs. The desyncs are more prevalent when using fast moving actions such as phase run or whirling blades. I believe that GGG is working on this. If you stop using whirling blades, you'll probably get a lot less of this lag. It kinda sucks you can't use all the skills equally because of this but hopefully it will improve later.
"
Dubski wrote:
Hey Guys, Just want to let you know how I fixed my lag issues.
I have been playing POE since early beta and have never had bad lag issues until the last few weeks. I get around 160 - 200 latency and it doesn't cause any game breaking effects. Suddenly I was getting 600 - 1500 latency and the game became unplayable.
I noticed my hard drive was low on space so I cleared some and ran Auslogics Disk Defrag with the optimize option(you can prolly use any defrag app for this). Last two days everything has been back to normal.

So just because it seems like a network issue, in some cases it might not be.

Something to try anyways.

You don't wanna (or need to) do this if you're running off an SSD.

Anyway, the descyncs are an issue with the games netcode and the game's servers, it'll get fixed. It's probably a high-priority thing.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
f3rret wrote:

Anyway, the descyncs are an issue with the games netcode and the game's servers, it'll get fixed. It's probably a high-priority thing.

Hehe, I was just checking back on the forum to see if they had fixed the desync issues since I quit. Not sure about the high priority bit lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info