"Recover 50% slower" is a lie

"Players recover life, mana and energy shield 50% slower"

Liars.

Mana flasks (and I assume health flasks and leeching) isn't 50% slower in maps with this mod. They're flatout 50% less. My 660 mana flasks only give 330. It's quite a huge difference between the two functionalities.

I rely heavily on my two mana flasks with Surgeon's mods to sustain my mana use. Tackling a map with this affix is significantly more difficult than expected because I flatout run out of charges.

Maybe this is how the mechanics are intended to work out. If it is, please rename the mod to "Players recover 50% less life, mana and energy shield". If it isn't, a fix would be in order.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The only thing being changed is the speed of all recovery being halved - i.e. you recover half as much life/mana/ES per second as you otherwise would. For things like flasks, where there is a set duration they last, slowing the recovery means that less total recovery will occur in that duration, by definition. For all other forms of recovery, such as leech or regenerations, which do not have set durations, this does not occur.
Future upgrades to flask popups will allow them to account for such modifications form map mods/passives/gear, but for now they are only the item popup and thus can only know about the item's stats.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 8, 2012, 7:43:25 PM
Instant flasks are good in these maps :)

Also, does this mean that flasks are twice as good in zero regen maps as they are in half regen maps?
"
hzflank wrote:
Also, does this mean that flasks are twice as good in zero regen maps as they are in half regen maps?

No.
Flasks are twice as good in zero regen maps as they are in half *recovery* maps.
No regen maps only affect passive regeneration of life/mana.
Half recovery maps affect recovery from all over-time sources, including flasks/leech/etc.
Regen and recovery are similar words but mean very different things.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Last edited by taekvideo on Nov 8, 2012, 9:06:05 PM
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
hzflank wrote:

No.
Flasks are twice as good in zero regen maps as they are in half *recovery* maps.
No regen maps only affect passive regeneration of life/mana.
Half recovery maps affect recovery from all over-time sources, including flasks/leech/etc.
Regen and recovery are similar words but mean very different things.
Correct. Regeneration is a form of recovery, but not all recovery is regeneration - recovery includes leech, flasks, life on hit, etc as well as regeneration. Regeneration includes only those things described as "regeneration" - including the base mana regeneration all characters have.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
For things like flasks, where there is a set duration they last, slowing the recovery means that less total recovery will occur in that duration, by definition.

Uh how do you figure that. If I have two 660 mana flasks, one a normal one and one a "Recover 50% slower" by definition I expect the normal one to recover 660 mana in say 3 seconds(or whatever it really is) and the other to recover 660 man over 4.5 seconds as stated in the definition. I'd also expect Maps to function this way if it is worded the same.

If "Recover 50% slower" really means "you only get to recover 50% of the mama" the flask/Map definition needs to be reworded.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Nov 9, 2012, 7:26:38 AM
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
For things like flasks, where there is a set duration they last, slowing the recovery means that less total recovery will occur in that duration, by definition.

Uh how do you figure that. If I have two 660 mana flasks, one a normal one and one a "Recover 50% slower" by definition I expect the normal one to recover 660 mana in say 3 seconds(or whatever it really is) and the other to recover 660 man over 4.5 seconds as stated in the definition. I'd also expect Maps to function this way if it is worded the same.

If "Recover 50% slower" really means "you only get to recover 50% of the mama" the flask/Map definition needs to be reworded.

Hmm that's true the wording is a bit inconsistent there.
The -33% recovery speed on the saturated flasks increases the duration by 50% while keeping the amount recovered the same, rather than reducing the amount recovered and keeping the duration the same like the map mod.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Yeah, all I'm saying is that if this is intended to work this way, the map mod should be reworded. It's misleading right now.

Flasks list both their duration and their amount recovered. You can't assume people to realize that the duration is the only rigid number.
Last edited by 0nin on Nov 9, 2012, 8:51:23 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
For things like flasks, where there is a set duration they last, slowing the recovery means that less total recovery will occur in that duration, by definition. For all other forms of recovery, such as leech or regenerations, which do not have set durations, this does not occur.

Do you really think it's a good idea to have a mechanic that behaves so differently for one form of recovery than another?

Personally I think it would be much more intuitive if it was recovery speed that was held constant by default unless specified and recovery time that was variable. For example, right now the net effect of a Saturated Flask is to recover more at the same speed. However, they confusingly say that they reduce recovery speed. The reduction in recovery speed is to compensate for the implicit increase in recovery speed from the amount increase, which just makes the whole thing more confusing than it needs to be in my opinion.

Similarly Sapping flasks increase recovery amount by 60%, and implicitly increase recovery speed by 60%, the implicit increase to recovery speed was not something I realized at first glance.
Last edited by Strill on Nov 9, 2012, 9:25:01 AM
I agree, it makes more sense that the amount recovered is the constant and the recovery time was the variable.. 50% slower to me meant that the recovery time was twice as long, but in the end you still receive the full amount of HP/MP. I've been playing for almost a year and never new this, how are new players going to feel?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info