Scaling Avatar of Fire Burning Arrow

I'm trying to figure out how to scale burning arrow with AoF. This is for a character on Nemesis. My plan is to run two copies of BA, 5L chest and a 5L bow, one with LMP and one without for AoE and single target respectively. Here is my rough passive build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcVIBZvHRQhdiU_KPoppSpNLOkwfDGeMfo1kjbpOdQ_J0GHRZ1KfUrITeNOKlXGVvpaUluvZk9mnmegbBZuqm_ydEF293fXeqp_K4FJgseD24dBh3aI8Y9GmuCbXaCfplenCKiarFmvjbI4tBq18rc-uJPKqc5xz2XQ0NqN2t3dDeLL42rnY-vu8pf56PrS_Ev8xf4K_o8=

1. Which supports?
For single target damage I'm thinking BA+ wep ele dmg+ added fire+ fire pen+ faster attacks
For AoE I was thinking BA+ LMP+ wep ele dmg+ ele prolif+ fire pen

2. Which curses?
My friend will be playing a support summoner with probably shock nova and elemental equilibrium. He is also going double curse. We are thinking enfeeble+ crit weakness.

3. Auras?
Planning on Anger/Hatred, swapping to Anger/Grace for solo play. Party people have grace/purity/clarity covered. I can see potential issue with reserving my mana down to 90%. Would it be better to lose a support gem on my attacks for mana leech or blood magic, or instead try to stack enough mana regen. Id also consider dropping hatred all together.

4. How does the damage calculation for AoF Burning Arrow work?
If someone could walk through an example of what happens when I have:
200 physical damage base
50% conversion phys to fire from BA, and 50% from AoF
100 fire dmg from Anger
34% of the 200 physical added as cold from hatred, 50% AoF conversion
36% increased physical damage with bows from passives
32% increased projectile damage from passives
35% of physical as added fire from support
55% more wep ele dmg from support
24% increased fire dmg from passives

5. Other abilities
I was thinking about using a 4L with fire trap and then a 4L with molten shell. What supports? likely blood magic for both if Im running two auras. Also if I use cast on damage taken with molten shell, do I still pay the mana cost when it procs?

Thank you for your time and input.
Last edited by iondragon on Oct 29, 2013, 8:11:51 AM
bump
Hi,

I myself playing a AoF Burning Arrow right now. Except that it is a Ranger which I find that it is more of a good choice to get critical and physical damage.
Aura:
Anger
or
Hatred(with a 6L)
Main skill:
BA + Ele prolif + WED + Added Fire + 5L(Increase Critical Damage) + 6L(Cold to Fire)
Cold to Fire 20q gives 10% Fire Damage 10% Cold Damage so it's 20% for your Hatred +
for 1 pts you can get Ice Bite.

That mean if you get flat cold damge on gears from this point, this is worth it.

There will be a new support gem that increase the physical damage with bow so I'll
have to test it if it's worth for that build.

Here my skill tree(High Level):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilcjcFd-Yp9RiWv7IJJ2hpBn-037h2-96JP3uDudUI_ZW-tUAFfDv8HRB_MU6WFpId9fdDWegBH5_K5UFkApbr4d2hxkwfNnGIXZOKkp9b_JRRzKUMfoppbZBOdQzDKq4fwJ290MxoJ_-K6p_puDKqRvI328Z1Y19XhP_3oTvYSF07RpVeu9ko2BLNugFLQHnOlKnMDJ-ns0UIBRxdudQR0Gq-Ov3MiThcqn7RayqWfPAGpBVZp6nhK-NGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzFE3wH4M4ogDvfDwFn98bAQ==

I think with a lot of Elemental damage with weapons on gears, the damge will be insane
+ You hit one target at a time so your almost immune to reflect damage.
Last edited by Exo666 on Dec 10, 2013, 11:32:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info