(Nov 10) Four-hour Party Hardcore Ladder Race

"
Dinin wrote:
This is by far the worst event I've ever done for any game. Required to multibox and cheat to even have a chance at the race is the stupidest thing ever. I hope the people boosting and multiboxing get a ban.

Way to reward cheaters.
I don't think too many people multibox in a 3 or 4 hour hardcore race, it's the week long+ leagues they do that in.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
Dinin wrote:
This is by far the worst event I've ever done for any game. Required to multibox and cheat to even have a chance at the race is the stupidest thing ever. I hope the people boosting and multiboxing get a ban.

Way to reward cheaters.

Don't believe everything that is written in general chat...
Getting to brutus within 30 minutes is no evil sorcery or anything, its efficient gameplay and has nothing to do with boosting (which would probably make you loose time instead).
The guys leading the race right now are grouped btw, there wouldn't be much space for booster-characters.
"
Dinin wrote:

Way to reward cheaters.

lol.. I doubt anyone is doing that stuff in a 4 hour race. Some people have actually practiced racing a lot.

Anyway.. my graphics card crashed and I died around 2 hrs 30 minutes in :/ Never had that happen before.. Now its idling at 62C. Anyone know if thats bad for a nvidia geforce 9600 GT. With speedfan program it shows a flame next to it...
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Well..it was fun until I died while 40 minutes still to go. Bled out at the Broken Bridge. At that point was in Top 5 Rangers and top 25 overall...not too shabby for a girl:P Guess I'll be coming back tomorrow with vengeance!
Skipped this race as i couldnt have started until almost an hour in, but from the look of the board atm, its pretty likely i still would have managed #1 shadow. Oh well!

Curious how far the top 10 made it, or if everyone just stopped at cruel ledge.

Re boosting etc: While no ones using booster accounts in 2-4 hour races, parties sometimes boost members who are at risk of being overtaken by others of their class. Party mechanics in general are full of derp atm, some of which is finally being changed (see latest announcement).
IGN: KoTao
"
Dinin wrote:

Way to reward cheaters.

The party races are planned in advance by the more successful players. Sounds like you'd prefer the Solo races.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Good race, ended up rank 16 global and rank 3 duelist. Played in 2-man party until I entered Cruel.

Found this at lvl 12, had it until mid Act 1 cruel...
Unavailable

Found this from Merveil Normal
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Wohooo my best result ever :D Ended 4th Templar (lvl 24).

I played the whole race with a RL friend in a mini 2 player party (he is 5th duelist - might have been 4th, but he didn't grind the last 5 min...)

Overall we though we were doing much worse, but in the end it turned out better than expected.

my (most important) equipment in the end (found the staff around lvl 19)
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

(that cleave was in the equipment because i had space and my stats allowed me to use the 2-handed swords as well - so either good staves, swords or maces could be used effectively)

We also found the Flammability curse early while farming fellshrine (+ i had anger active the whole time) :D - so we got it earlier than the reward gem

EDIT:
And my build by the end:
Link (Amplify seems to work great with ground slam and RT)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Nov 9, 2012, 6:19:58 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Prizes have been awarded on new characters on your accounts as usual!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
At 3h race time, I did a print of ladder... 4 marauders and 1 duelist at top 5...

Balance plz... give us the option to pick up any lvl 1 skill as quest reward...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info