[1.0.1] Spectral Critter - Dagger Scion (HC)

I kinda made a little bit of a modified version (only a handful of changes)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQhnDkgPxBGWFr8XPhzcHaoelCQ8JpUnqSzhL28xnjIJNZI64TsoO3xGcUlRSshN41VLVupW9VpSWm1apmBDYeJirGNDaHRsRm17bj1uqnBScFZwu3DVcmx9435Zf8aCHoMJh9uIQojxjDaOipAbkyeUoJfQmhObXZ2jnaqio6ZXpn-nNKdcqJqpbqw_rFmsZrGztAy0xbVItfK4yrk-uXzAUcHFwuzWndhN2HbZE9pi2wvbbtvU3Ffcx-GI44TnY-n-7UHxdvJF8pfy4fPq-ej8q_4K_o8=

Your Build:
36% one hand damage
24% health
15% crit chance
10 int

vs mine:
2.2% health regen increase
80% mana regen increase
5% reduced mana reservation
20 dex
20% increased accuracy

What's your thoughts on the modification? (Next 5pts would go back into getting those 3 health nodes as well)
"
Bloodytrailz wrote:
So i see a small variance i might make myself
it trades:
15% crit chance
24% health
+10 int

for:
+2.2% health regen
+40% mana regen
+12 hp
+picking up a couple nodes you didn't (the +40% mana regen node at the start of scion top left, and on the first aura nodes you hit...you don't grab the 5% less reserved)

and as far as another unique suggestion:
It's not perfect, but an alpha howl could possibly do well to sneak in an extra aura.
(probably not as good as a very well statted rare helm honestly)

I would probably only take the extra 5% reduced mana reserved in the event that I decided to run Alpha's Howl and go for 3 auras - haven't done the math on this, so not sure how large your mana pool would have to be for it to be comfortable.

I didn't take the 40% mana regen as it isn't really necessary at later levels. Once you have around 1000 mana, which is fairly easy to get with EB, your regen is already pretty high. Additionally, if your physical damage is high enough, Mind Drinker can keep you fed on mana quite easily.

Some might prefer the HP regen, but I don't have a problem running without it, though it is nice. 0.4% regen per point is very cost ineffective, so I opted not to take it. Especially now that I am running Gifts From Above, the consecrated ground effect is a pretty decent amount of regen.
Last edited by Xoere on Nov 25, 2013, 12:14:50 AM
"
MuFeR wrote:
What level would you think is the best for cast when damage taken? Level 1 only allows for level 7 molten shell which imo is useless.Also for bandits I assume you went oak-oak-alira?

Honestly, the benefit of running CWDT is so far diminished with the nerf, I've stopped running it with my re-leveled build. But, if you want to run it my suggestion is Level 4 CWDT, as the damage you need to take isn't that much more, but the level range is expanded decently far.
"
Bloodytrailz wrote:
I kinda made a little bit of a modified version (only a handful of changes)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQhnDkgPxBGWFr8XPhzcHaoelCQ8JpUnqSzhL28xnjIJNZI64TsoO3xGcUlRSshN41VLVupW9VpSWm1apmBDYeJirGNDaHRsRm17bj1uqnBScFZwu3DVcmx9435Zf8aCHoMJh9uIQojxjDaOipAbkyeUoJfQmhObXZ2jnaqio6ZXpn-nNKdcqJqpbqw_rFmsZrGztAy0xbVItfK4yrk-uXzAUcHFwuzWndhN2HbZE9pi2wvbbtvU3Ffcx-GI44TnY-n-7UHxdvJF8pfy4fPq-ej8q_4K_o8=

Your Build:
36% one hand damage
24% health
15% crit chance
10 int

vs mine:
2.2% health regen increase
80% mana regen increase
5% reduced mana reservation
20 dex
20% increased accuracy

What's your thoughts on the modification? (Next 5pts would go back into getting those 3 health nodes as well)

The percentage increase to accuracy is actually pretty worthwhile once you have acquired some gear with flat accuracy bonus. Before that, it adds very little. I mentioned in another post just a moment ago my explanation regarding the regen and mana reservation choices.
what choice you made in the bandits (scion hp version) ?

1. HP
2. +8% attack speed or skill point ?
3. Power Charge
-------------------------------------------
I personally think that any build that utilizes crit and daggers should be done using ES, simply because the nodes are easie rfor you to get, and you can maximize your damage a LOT more.
"
Jazo wrote:
what choice you made in the bandits (scion hp version) ?

1. HP
2. +8% attack speed or skill point ?
3. Power Charge
-------------------------------------------

Normal: HP
Cruel: 18% physical damage
Merci: Power Charge
"
biggerboom wrote:
I personally think that any build that utilizes crit and daggers should be done using ES, simply because the nodes are easie rfor you to get, and you can maximize your damage a LOT more.

The potential exists, but other problems arise. I considered CI as a possibility while creating this build, and this was the result.

The major problem that you run into is that your mana pool simply won't be large enough for you to function comfortably while running two auras. Without +mana on your gear, you'll likely be looking at a pool of around 600 at level 70. With 70% reserved, that leaves you with around 180 to function with, as well as a max leech rate of 120/s. Half regen maps in particular would be a nightmare.
Would you suggest I keep using mana leech if I'm using mana drinker and

I'm gonna swap the belt soon, but right now I have nothing better I just got my 5link

trying to roll better stats later tonight.
I am thinking of starting this. Never played spectral throw but will give it a go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info