[1.0.1] Spectral Critter - Dagger Scion (HC)

Its actually very easy to get to level 30 or even 40 using something like Hrimnor's Hymn or Geofri's Baptism, even if absolutely none of your passive points increase your damage with 2H maces. At 35, you can switch to using Mightflay, as they're pretty cheap and common. At 50+, you should definitely start looking to buy or craft a dagger with the following stats, in order of importance:

Increased local crit chance
% Increased Physical Damage
Increased Attack Speed
x-y Increased Physical Damage
Last edited by Xoere on Nov 16, 2013, 4:28:21 PM
I got a pretty good dagger, right now my character is kind of stuck though because my 4link chest has no life, no life belt, no life on boots so im farming currency up to try and get a few things. My dagger is good enough for now.

Is there any type of specific armor you think is best? it seems like this build really varries with the gem colors so maybe its just best to go with what I can find right now?

I also wanted to ask, how do you even use skills like bear trap or skeletons effectively? Right now I use haste and clarity gems and bear trap with just added fire damage is like 80 mana out of my max of 130.. really isn't too effective but it really helps against mobs with corrupting blood or reflect physial
You don't appear to be using any ES hybrid gear. If your mana pool is suffering, that is very much why. The build really starts to shine at 60+, as that is when everything starts coming together. Unfortunately, I RIP'd at 82 due to my own mistakes (what was likely a crit from a map Brutus, with no granite on) but at that time I had 1600 mana. With Hatred and Purity running, I had a functional pool of about 500 mana.

Also, you should very much be running Hatred over Haste. Any crit build gets an incredibly amount of benefit from Hatred, due to the fact that you chill and freeze nearly everything.

For my 6L, I decided on an AR + ES chest piece, as any pure piece would likely be very difficult to roll GGRRBB on. AR+ES pieces are pretty effective all the way around, tbh. Either that or pure AR.
Yup, totally gotcha there on the armor/ES. I started to get a few pieces like that, but still need to pick up EB. I'm level 59 now and waiting to get more fusing to roll my 5L, its green,red,red,red, blue.. not exactly what I need.

I actually got the hatred gem and was really happy, insane amount of dps i was missing.

Also found this

If i could just make a guide improvement suggestion (constructive criticism, minus the criticism :P)

Instead of showing us Your Gear...(or in ADDITION too)
Showcase the kind of stats you are looking for on a specific item slot, or just stats you want to prioritize in general.

IE: (like you did a few posts ago)

Dagger:
Increased local crit chance
% Increased Physical Damage
Increased Attack Speed
x-y Increased Physical Damage

Rings:
Resists
Life
Accuracy
+x-y Increased Physical Damage
Mana

... etc etc :P

As well as uniques you think could/would work with the build.
IE:
Maligaro's Virtuosity (Gloves)
Last edited by Bloodytrailz on Nov 23, 2013, 3:05:00 PM
There are multiple ways to go around it, so I hadn't considered outlining what I would consider perfect. The weapon is pretty straightforward, lots of options for the rest of your gear, though =). That's not a bad idea, though. I'll put up my own choice of gear and what I look for.
What level would you think is the best for cast when damage taken? Level 1 only allows for level 7 molten shell which imo is useless.Also for bandits I assume you went oak-oak-alira?
Last edited by MuFeR on Nov 24, 2013, 7:16:40 AM
Going to try this now on nemsis :D
i hope i wont die and should i get evasion or pure armor ? since i wont get IR
So i see a small variance i might make myself
it trades:
15% crit chance
24% health
+10 int

for:
+2.2% health regen
+40% mana regen
+12 hp
+picking up a couple nodes you didn't (the +40% mana regen node at the start of scion top left, and on the first aura nodes you hit...you don't grab the 5% less reserved)

and as far as another unique suggestion:
It's not perfect, but an alpha howl could possibly do well to sneak in an extra aura.
(probably not as good as a very well statted rare helm honestly)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info