Upper Sceptre of God - Exception Error

Hi,

I've got this issue. I am playing on Standard League, normal difficulty (still level 35). I join a group, we clear The Scepter of God Fine but when we go to face Dominus in Upper Scepter of God and I die (which is natural I think, it isn't exactly easy), and I go to Sarn Encampment. Then when I try to use a group member's portal to portal back to Dominus battle, the game freezes at loading screen and brings up this error :

EXCEPTION

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 857997312 Size: 18924022

This part of the game is very crucial because if I don't kill Dominus, I won't be able to get to 40+ levels of the game.. Thanks.
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic
The map chunk error is usually down to a lack of usable ram, you have 2/3 gig or a 32 bit OS.

Check the sticky for a fix(there are a few to try in there.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 27, 2013, 6:47:34 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The map chunk error is usually down to a lack of usable ram, you have 2/3 gig or a 32 bit OS.

Check the sticky for a fix(there are a few to try in there.

I have 4GB DDR2 but you're right I've looked and it said I had 32-bit OS. I'll install the 64-bit version, see if it helps. Thanks.
1 Eternal = 2 Exalted (ex)
1 Exalted (ex) = 10 Gemcutter's Prism (GCP) = 22 Chaos = 220 Chromatic
it should, the problem with the game running on 32 bit OS's is that the game can only utilize a max of 2 gig and just about everything gets put in there, all the terrain /tile data, drops dead things and what not and if you change area quickly enough it just gets to the point where it just can't handle any more.

Changing to a 64 bit OS will allow you to use all the ram thats available.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
i can easily reproduce this. whenever i kill dominus in human disguise, game gives this error. the parameter does not help. i have never passed this point ever (almost 15 hrs wasted).
this error also happens on map loding too but it is less determinant.

my configuration is win8 32-bit, 3g ram, quad core processor and ati-amd 5770.
game uses around 1g of memory when i check the system tasks tool on error.

this error should be addressed with high priority.
Somebody should go to jail for selling Win8 on 32-bit systems with 3GB of RAM. Last Microsoft's OS for 32 bits is Windows XP. 32 bits in the later ones is something that may work under certain circumstances but is like... having strengh and using only spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info