PvP Feedback

PvP is awesome too many people complain about it being unbalanced. Too many think that bringing a casual build into the arena should be sufficient enough to kill a pvp build. They fail to understand that pvp will not be for all build due to the diversity of the different skills and how they work. Pvp characters should be tailored specifically for pvp and to counter other builds, until they realise these facts people will never truly appreciate pvp.
"
sourboy wrote:
PvP is awesome too many people complain about it being unbalanced. Too many think that bringing a casual build into the arena should be sufficient enough to kill a pvp build. They fail to understand that pvp will not be for all build due to the diversity of the different skills and how they work. Pvp characters should be tailored specifically for pvp and to counter other builds, until they realise these facts people will never truly appreciate pvp.

Once you get more experience you'll come back to this statement and understand you're wrong. No one in high level pvp is using a casual build. Thats not what brings up balance complaints. You have issues with skills/mechanics/items/lack of options and excessive rmting. Build or not, its the pvp you're going to get in this game. Embrace it or forever respec til you're broke trying to deal with shit thats basically unavoidable.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Imo, end game pvp is massively broken. Why? No Damage reduction vs players.

The DPS we have is for monsters with 20x the hp of a player. So many builds can take down another player in 0.3 seconds its just retarded. Not uncommon to see one-shots on fully geared, high level players. KevShien and I were dueling and he mentioned the same (after repeatedly one shotting me lol).

How about we taken a lesson from Diablo 2 and have all damage scaled down in PvP? Then fights wouldn't last less than a second, either. The DPS vs HP ratio in PvP is just insane, and really not very well thought out. It would also remain fair as if all players received -50% dmg vs players then that would be equal across the board, no?

Anyone else agree?
ign: Axxiom
"
Complicated wrote:

The DPS we have is for monsters with 20x the hp of a player. So many builds can take down another player in 0.3 seconds its just retarded. Not uncommon to see one-shots on fully geared, high level players. KevShien and I were dueling and he mentioned the same (after repeatedly one shotting me lol).

How about we taken a lesson from Diablo 2 and have all damage scaled down in PvP? Then fights wouldn't last less than a second, either. The DPS vs HP ratio in PvP is just insane, and really not very well thought out. It would also remain fair as if all players received -50% dmg vs players then that would be equal across the board, no?

Anyone else agree?

If Kev didn't critical he wouldn't be 1 shotting you. Problem lies in criticals and the multiplier. As a Resolute technique user and a non critical caster player you'll see the damage potential vs players/monsters is completely different. Also remember critical chance was a veeeery small factor in the damage you did in Diablo2. You had a few sources for it along side other damage sources like crushing blow and open wounds. You were also not hitting with a multiplier beyond 200%. A critical meant you did 2x your damage that was it. It didn't mean you could do up to 10x your damage like in PoE. Thats whats breaking pvp in this game, the biggest issue is the multiplier not the chance.

Oh and open wounds scaled based on level and didn't multiply as you moved like Puncture. It was a superior bleed mechanic that didn't again...destroy pvp.

Crushing blow was an interesting mechanic that would just take a flat % of your life away so it was great against high life players but had diminishing returns because it was just a %. This was largely used vs monsters it was like a reverse culling strike.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 23, 2014, 10:17:55 AM
Mulla say truth, d2 mechanics was balanced. I was barb in D2 with top def rate (wear Etherial steel carapace+1h axe+shield), so if i fight vs low ar rate(lower then 13k)he miss me often. so armor in D2 was rly good. Here in POE, armor in pvp=0, simply 0, dmg from good pver is so high(its simply ignore 20k def) and we have only block+acrobatics+hp pool+lags)) vs pure dmg.Reflection is another broken thing here. So mostly 1sec fight is not fun at all, not for winner not for loser.((
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
...WHY GGG STILL WAITING TO NERF FLICKER BUILD IN PVP...IT'S INCREDIBLE..
THEIR TACTIC IS EASY: RUN ALL TIME AWAY FROM ENEMY AND HIT HIM (ONE SHOT HIM...AT FIRST TIME OFTEN...) SO IT SHOULD BE BALANCED SO???..THIS BUILD IS KILLING FUN IN PVP..
GGG SHOULD INTRODUCE A SORT OF STAMINA IN PVP WHERE PPL CANNOT RUN AWAY ALL TIME..AND REDUCED CRIT DMG..IT WILL BALANCED A LOT OF THINGS...BUT NOTHING...PVP SEEMS DON'T BE IMPORTANT...
"
Mhyklos wrote:
...WHY GGG STILL WAITING TO NERF FLICKER BUILD IN PVP...IT'S INCREDIBLE..
THEIR TACTIC IS EASY: RUN ALL TIME AWAY FROM ENEMY AND HIT HIM (ONE SHOT HIM...AT FIRST TIME OFTEN...) SO IT SHOULD BE BALANCED SO???..THIS BUILD IS KILLING FUN IN PVP..
GGG SHOULD INTRODUCE A SORT OF STAMINA IN PVP WHERE PPL CANNOT RUN AWAY ALL TIME..AND REDUCED CRIT DMG..IT WILL BALANCED A LOT OF THINGS...BUT NOTHING...PVP SEEMS DON'T BE IMPORTANT...

PVP running away? Use temporal chains LOL.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
PVP running away? Use temporal chains LOL.

Try it yourself against fast whirling blades or warp and we talk again.
Also when your opponent use temp chains himself.
I know why Mhyklos is so angry :-)
As I said yesterday, GGG dont know much about high level PVP, they should hire someone who only works on PVP themes. Because I think it is a important piece of the game and the community will stay this game alive for long time, like D2.
Till then Mhyklos, dont care this coward playstyle too much :-)
Last edited by MrDigital on Mar 25, 2014, 5:01:17 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Complicated wrote:

Anyone else agree?

If Kev didn't critical he wouldn't be 1 shotting you. Problem lies in criticals and the multiplier. As a Resolute technique user and a non critical caster player you'll see the damage potential vs players/monsters is completely different. Also remember critical chance was a veeeery small factor in the damage you did in Diablo2. You had a few sources for it along side other damage sources like crushing blow and open wounds. You were also not hitting with a multiplier beyond 200%. A critical meant you did 2x your damage that was it. It didn't mean you could do up to 10x your damage like in PoE. Thats whats breaking pvp in this game, the biggest issue is the multiplier not the chance.

Oh and open wounds scaled based on level and didn't multiply as you moved like Puncture. It was a superior bleed mechanic that didn't again...destroy pvp.

Crushing blow was an interesting mechanic that would just take a flat % of your life away so it was great against high life players but had diminishing returns because it was just a %. This was largely used vs monsters it was like a reverse culling strike.

Word. I'd have to disagree with Mulla on nerfing critical multiplier though. At the moment I feel RT and Crit are at a balance, with the text on RT being "Never deal critical strikes" proving this point beyond obvious. True, crit users have high burst damage, but can be hard-countered with high evasion/blind/any mechanic that causes them miss. On top of that, from a passive node expenditure perspective: while RT users have s single go-to OP keystone, and can easily stack phys nodes from there onwards, crit users have to double-stack crit chance + multiplier, spending technically 2x nodes AND phys nodes.

QED.

The real problem here is the damage scaling in PvP. Battles that last shorter than 2 seconds aren't becoz of crit (I've seen RT users hammer me down in less than 2 secs too), but due to the imbalanced DPS:HP ratio. 80k dps skills vs 10k life(at most) basically mathematically equates battles lasting 1/8th of a second even before damage reduction is applied (and we all know armor don't mean shit in PvP). You also know the ratio's clearly fucked, when a tank-build could facetank lvl78 worst mod bosses, but can't survive more than 3 seconds in PvP. The premature-ejac battles also render any build you pour your effort into pretty much useless; doesn't matter how much res you're capped at, or what kinda strategy your build was designed to pull off..none of that matters, you just die in a matter of seconds. This forces players to just stack DPS and click-hold left mouse on their targets, and wait 1-2 seconds for the server's RNG to decide whose numbers rolled higher and wins = brainless.

IMO, the solution is simple: a damage downscale. "As players enter PvP mode, their skills will deal only 60% of their usual damage." No more crit/molten/cast-on-death 1 shot buillshit. Longer battles will encourage more strategies; more micro management of your character, and also better flask management. Such an easy fix, it's a no-brainer.
IGN: KevShienZ

#1 564pDPS Crit Jeweled Foil Sword: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crown of Eyes DPS Amulet Mirror Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crit-Leech Legacy Mod Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
Last edited by kevshien on Mar 26, 2014, 10:00:07 PM
BIGGEST PROBLEM:

You can't really counter crit with Blind / Enfeeble to make your enemy miss as RT-user because you have to take Unwavering Stance - Allowing your enemy to ALWAYS hit. So basically you have to respecc in and out of it + change your gem setup to efficiently counter crit. Or use Chahulalululas. But who the fuck uses that shit. It makes no sense that it works like that tho. Why should a blinded and enfeebled enemy ALWAYS hit me just because I can't Evade? He should still be able to MISS.
Last edited by Xantaria on Mar 27, 2014, 5:26:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info