"failed to connect to instance"

I played PoE a lot during the open beta, and I have downloaded it again now that it is fully released.
I downloaded it through steam, made a new account through my steam account, and proceeded to create a character.
Upon trying to start playing as this character, I was kicked back to the login screen with a message in the bottom-right of the screen saying "failed to connect to instance", I then looked through the forums searching for a solution to this problem, and tried every solution I could find, to no avail.
So now I am posting here to see if anyone can possibly help me with this issue, since I love this game and would like to play it more.

The things I have tried so far are as follows: port forwarding some ports I found here on the forums, re-installing the game completely, adding the game as an exception to my firewall, turning off my firewall, turning off UPnP in my router's settings, changing to the Europe gateway (I have tried every gateway after each and every one of these fixes), installing the game to a different harddrive, and a few simple things such as restarting my computer and/or router.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Issue has been resolved, to anyone else having this issue, check you router's "Port Filtering" list for port 6112
Last edited by Koolrip2 on Oct 27, 2013, 2:26:47 PM
bump. this bug is stopping me from being able to play the game at all.
same shit ;) GGG- asnwer
Bump, GGG ignoring this.

Happens on AU server

Happens on US server

HAPPENS EVERY SECOND INSTANCE.

I tried to enter crematorimum TWICE and it disconnected twice, so i went 'fuckit' and am not gonna ply PoE for a bit.

This is from one of the biggest supporters of PoE who loves the game and would play it with buggy in game gameplay, but this is just stupid
you are only having it happen every second instance? I am having this issue when trying to play the game at all. at least you can play the game
Last edited by Koolrip2 on Oct 25, 2013, 8:05:09 PM
I'm getting the same issue, I can load up my character fine, but whenever I try to leave town I get thrown back to the login screen with a 'Failed to connect to instance'. This happens regardless of which server I play on.
Bump.
Bump
Anyone else who has this issue, either post on this thread or create your own thread to increase the change of GGG seeing this issue and possibly fixing it.
the same problem , i cant fix this!, i cant play, i only see mychar and pres play and... "failed to connect to instance" , i do many thing to fix but doesnt work...

- Port forwarding 6112
- Port forwarding 32768-61000
- Disabling Hamachi in the network and sharing center (I don't use this to connect to PoE anyway)
- Allowing inbound & outbound communications in ports 6112 & 32768-61000 in Windows Firewall
- Praying
- Running as an administrator & in compatibility mode (darn you, windows 7)
- Pretending I'm in Europe, and using the Europe server.
- Checked to see if UPnP was enabled in my router's settings... it was not.
- I changed my keyboard to US/UK and didnt work too.
- EDIT - I don't have any 3rd party web blocker stuff, or 3rd party virus scanners.

I only can play using VPN but this suck , i have 1200+++++ ms its unplayable
Last edited by cotosazo on Oct 26, 2013, 2:22:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info