[Help!] Best 2H marauder build... Any ideas?

Hey, im a lvl 81 marauder and i've still got my points left.. i've got around 55 ex to spend on a build and im thinking the best could be something with 2h since they got buffed? if you have any idea about a skilltree or something please post here =)
2H Dominating Blow got a huge buff this patch. Its primary weakness was the high life cost meaning you drained your own life a lot while attacking, but this patch of course buffed life totals, so now instead of 5k life regening 350 per second with vitality, you're rocking almost 7k life regening 370 per second without vitality. Also, buff to Hatred means a lot more dps. Buff to Grace means you're losing very little if any armour at all.

It does require some pretty good gear, but you sound like you have that covered. The only other thing to worry about is that its very much a solo/duo play build. It's not very fun in parties of 5 or 6. It's not easy to build an army when you have 4 or 5 others either killing things or otherwise preventing you from dominating them (such as freezing the enemies). That said, here's my level 87 skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ_MEuEUIBRNFy8YkRkuGYUaOBpVG_odFCSqJd8n7SmlLdI26DbpOthHfkp9TdhOKlBHUFBUSVXGVdZXDVhjWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaeZ6Bqk25pcql07XrvfNmApIFvgziE2YTvh3aMdozPj0aQVZHOnjyezaIApBmmZKcwp4SpaKvFrKq2Qbndu-29gb6nwA_AGsbYyZjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1e3ZYd0N3sHi6uNq5K3nUuw47w7vfPAf8932SPe--tL8xQ==

And here's my current gear/gem setup (Note that I run determination over grace because I don't have the dexterity to use a level 20 one. Otherwise Grace would be better. Also, I haven't figured out a use for my 5L weapon yet. That's why its empty):

Spoiler
Standard: ArcingTalon
Last edited by Sorites118 on Oct 26, 2013, 6:34:44 PM
Hi Sorites, thanks alot for your help.. would bringer of rain be something to throw into that build?.. what would be the best endgame gear in your opinion?
I would say Bringer of Rain is a poor-man's version of the build. (Though you might not save much since you have to get really good resists on all your other pieces of gear, plus spend skill points on the +12% resist nodes.) Certainly, the extra damage is pretty significant. On the other hand, since you do plan to be going 2-hander, you won't get the benefit of the blocking affixes for BoR which does reduce how good the item is. You also don't get as much armour/evasion from just BoR as you could from a good helm/chest, so that's another thing to consider.

The best set of gear would probably be something like mine, though I have several suboptimal pieces. i.e. no physical damage on my amulet, rings or gloves, no attack speed on my rings and no strength on my belt.
Standard: ArcingTalon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info