About arcane vision

Hey

I like the idea of this passive and I would like to take it but .... speaking of optimizing in a game where every single points is really precious ... who would really consider taking it ?

I mean, this is just luxury, 30 accuracy rating is like nothing and well, anyother node is basically a better option than this one =(.

Why not give it like +5% or +10% inscreased energy shield ? people would then take it.

I really don't understand why this nodes doesn't have something to fit optimization in it, I just cannot afford it atm ><.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's for Low Life ES users (ie. Shav's). If you're CI you never get a reduced Light Radius anyways so it'd only hurt you, but by running Low Life you're constantly blinded.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 25, 2013, 6:21:04 PM
This is an awesome node for my low-life melee char, I'm really glad they put it in.
--
I tried it on my EB character though, and the vision radius was as small as possible. Even though I had full (0) ES! Talk about disappointing. XD
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It kinda still sound like a luxury, I mean, in terms of optimization there would always be something better to take elswhere ^^.

Forgot that it woudln't change anything for me though :> that's definitely my bad there lol.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
As a low life witch, I feel this passive is a insult. We were asking for this effect to be added to the pain attunement since the low visibility was annoying when you were on a dungeon, but creating a passive that its pretty much useless to a caster (and so damm close to PA to rub salt on the wound) feels like GGG is making fun of us.
There would be some strategy involved if light radius affected monster aggro radius. Can't find any information on whether or not it does this in PoE. It did in D2, though wasn't as noticable in D1.

In D1 you wanted reduced light radius on your melee chars since there were ranged monsters with the same movespeed as your character, programmed to constantly retreat until you stopped advancing or until cornered.

PoE monsters don't seem to do very much running away, but if reduced light radius made less of them run towards you, it might be useful.
We need this effect but ATM it is a insult to low life runners as it is!

We are asked to trow away 1 point!

instead of accuracy add 5 to 10% ES and that will be fixed!

Add the effect to PA and it is fixed

!! Seriously Accuracy rating WTF are you thinking??? Anything els plz !!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Nov 8, 2013, 10:31:51 PM
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
We need this effect but ATM it is a insult to low life runners as it is!

We are asked to trow away 1 point!

instead of accuracy add 5 to 10% ES and that will be fixed!

Add the effect to PA and it is fixed

!! Seriously Accuracy rating WTF are you thinking??? Anything els plz !!
If you 'need this effect' then it's not 'throwing away 1 point'.
"
Adser wrote:
As a low life witch, I feel this passive is a insult. We were asking for this effect to be added to the pain attunement since the low visibility was annoying when you were on a dungeon, but creating a passive that its pretty much useless to a caster (and so damm close to PA to rub salt on the wound) feels like GGG is making fun of us.

Perma low life builds are actually an insult to Pain Attunement, as it wasn't designed to work that way in the first place.

Don't get why GGG nerf other things while ignoring perma low life builds. Arcane Vision shouldn't even exist, perma blind should be a downside to running permanent low life.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I absolutely agree with bhavv!
Shavrones enable perma low life builds where those builds can obtain a lot while not even having to take that low life blinding downside.
Arcane vision is not even far away from ES nodes and Pain Attunement since you can get it "on your way" from PA to Arcane Focus. Only one Point in the skill tree to erase a really memorable downside for low life builds! Thats not a "joke" thats too strong!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info